Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Step Interview process after speaking with recruiter - in person with sales manager, 2nd in person with sales manager and team which involved a presentation and cold calling, 3rd interview via Skype with Regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Where are you ranked in terms of success at your current job? Why aren't you #1?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

Thanks for sharing! Welcome to the team.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, manager Go-To meeting if remote or onsite if in the same city, another interview with the sales manager alongside a wonder-lick assessment and test, then the final step is a half day with team phone canvassing to set 3 meetings and do a 10 min presentation to sales team.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation or obstacle you had to overcome in your previous role and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2017 – Representative

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with others. Welcome to the Paycom family!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up an interview over the phone. The interview itself was fine but later that day I received another email saying that the interviewer was sorry she had missed me on the phone and we should reschedule for the following week. I'm sure that she speaks with a lot of people on a daily basis but the note taking/organization seemed to be lacking since she didn't have notes that we had spoken. I have not heard back from the company since.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. At Paycom, we aim to be respectful of our candidates time and apologize for the error in communication that occurred. Our process ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty selective and the staffs were professional staffs. I got a call from a recruiter and she said she would like to set up a phone interview. After that, she told me that i should be expecting an email with the link to take 3 assessment. I did that an she called me two days later and said i should come in for an interview

Interview Questions

• why paycom, Tell us your experience that makes you a good fit for this job   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Representative

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is pretty intense as Paycom only hires the best of the best. First step was an interview via video conference with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with sales manager. The final step was to present to the sales team for roughly 15 minutes and then get on the phones to cold call companies with the team. During that time you need to set a minimum of 3 meetings in order to move on to final interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my grit so as to determine whether I had the mental stamina needed for the role.   1 Answer

Jan 19, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Basic 5 minute interview about myself with recruiter
    2. Interview in depth with recruiter 30 minutes (basic interview questions)
    3. In person test (12 minutes 50 questions) then interview with sales manager
    4. Interview with regional manager
    5. Cold Calling in person

The interview process was not too bad, just had to go through a lot of people. I was able to get through it on pure personality and past experience, if you are someone who is interested in sales I would look into it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this?
      Tell me about your values?
      Go over resume
      Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair, was brought in for an in person interview after a skype screen with the hr. After that was brought in again to for set up three appointments with the team.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why are you leaving your old job
      what motivates you
      Answer Question

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

4 steps, 1-3 with a recruiter, 1 face to face with and office manager, 1 face to face with regional manager, must come in and cold call with the sales teem and set 3 appointments in open territory.

Interview Questions

• They like the strong close for the next step.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at a certain set base with a comission structure.
    Once Exec Rep is reached based on performance, salary and commission increased significantly.
    Be warned they can take this away at their discretions. Ask about salary reduction agreement. This policy creates a constant state of fear with reps as its a 30k difference in base pay and that significantly affects you ability to make the needed life adjustments. I was given 2 days notice of this happening.

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Started with an Initial Phone Screen with a Paycom recruiter , On-site manager Interview, Phone Canvassing for four hours in the office (Basically just cold calling and trying to set meetings. Was required to set three meetings in this time) , Regional Manager Interview (via web cam), Chief Sales Officer Interview ( via web cam).

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions about my experience, personality. Situational questions.   1 Answer

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, filled out my schedule to start, then got a rejection e-mail the next day. I asked what went wrong in the process and was told they can't tell me that information. A recruiter reached out again and apologized and said they would work to fix this. Filled out all of the same paperwork again, and when it was time to schedule my interview, I was ignored for 3 days. When e-mailing to confirm all paperwork was received, I got a rejection e-mail an hour later. Hope it is improved for others, good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We always aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time. Our recruiters should not have ignored your emails. These practices do not align with the recruiting department’s core values.