Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

3.3

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Started with an Initial Phone Screen with a Paycom recruiter , On-site manager Interview, Phone Canvassing for four hours in the office (Basically just cold calling and trying to set meetings. Was required to set three meetings in this time) , Regional Manager Interview (via web cam), Chief Sales Officer Interview ( via web cam).

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions about my experience, personality. Situational questions.   1 Answer

Aug 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, filled out my schedule to start, then got a rejection e-mail the next day. I asked what went wrong in the process and was told they can't tell me that information. A recruiter reached out again and apologized and said they would work to fix this. Filled out all of the same paperwork again, and when it was time to schedule my interview, I was ignored for 3 days. When e-mailing to confirm all paperwork was received, I got a rejection e-mail an hour later. Hope it is improved for others, good luck!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 7, 2016 – Representative

We always aim to be respectful of our candidates’ time. Our recruiters should not have ignored your emails. These practices do not align with the recruiting department’s core values.

/Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me through LinkedIn where we corresponded and set up a time to have a phone "interview". The interview was more of a chat and seeing if I would be interested in the position. Then he got me in contact with another person. This woman and I also had a phone interview, but this time it was an actual interview with interview type questions. She basically agreed with the last man that she liked me and she helped set me up with another woman and informed me I would be interviewing through a program similar to Skype (I forgot the name). She helped me practice setting it up and that was that.

Now is where the big interview came in with the new woman. This woman asked me typical interview questions, but she was pretty rude (not like the nice attitudes of the past two) and she spoke off camera multiple times without giving me a warning or apologizing. All she said was that she was fixing her phone. It felt somewhat rude and unprofessional, but I smiled through it. At the end the woman wanted me to come in and meet who I would be interning for. I said that sounded great and I'd like to go through with that. A few days later I get an email from the second woman I interviewed with saying that they'd like me to have 6-8 months of sales experience before hiring me. Well 1.) If they felt that way the last woman should not have said she was going to set up a time for me to come into the office because that was misleading. 2.) This was for an internship or entry level sales position and they said no experience was needed. 3.) The whole situation could have been handled with more respect. I may only be in my early 20's, but that doesn't give people the right to look down upon me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with adversity and overcame it.   Answer Question

Feb 29, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We always strive to be respectful of our candidates during video and in-person interviews. We have multiple steps during our interview process... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on linkedin and was contacted by a recruiter quickly. My recruiter, Kelsey, was so knowledgeable, passionate and a big reason why I wanted to move forward in the process. She was very clear about the process and what was expected from me. She was one of my biggest fans throughout the entire process. When it was time to do a manager interview on a goto meeting, the questions were pretty tough which really made me want to work here even more!!! My manager wanted to know what made me tick and asked some behavioral and situational questions. She was very professional, easy to talk to and I know now WHY the interview process is such a long process - this company invests so much time and effort in training and its important to find a good fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everyone is extremely helpful and easy to work with

Jan 26, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very straightforward. I'm from out of town and conducted several interviews via webcam. Asked your typical interview questions. I first spoke with a recruiter and then after that brief conversation I had an interview with the manager. Pretty much got asked the same questions from both people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a Paycom recruiter over the phone, and he asked me a series of general questions. I told him about my work experience and he acknowledged that it wasn't the typical path. He said I'm typically not the type that they would hire, but could still give it a try by applying online if I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience.
      Did you have any work gaps after college?
      Did you have a 3.0 gpa?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward sales interview, I enjoyed it very much. Make sure you learn about them and like what you hear. They WANT you to do well in the interview, but simply want to be sure that you're sure.

1. Recruiter sent Linkedin message
    2. Interview with hiring manager
    3. Appointment setting- MUST set three appointments in three hours
    4. Webcam interview with exec.
    5. Offer emailed, drug screen, driving history, references called

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you leaving your employer?
      2. Why do you want to work here?
      3. [Ask for and respond to objections/hesistations]
      4. You must CLOSE the "sale"- leave with the next step scheduled   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Pay is very competitive. Full benefits.

May 28, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview story!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2015.

Interview

This was the strangest interview I have ever been a part of. When my interviewer saw that I had a list of several questions prepared, he stopped interviewing me and had me just ask my questions. He then proceeded to dodge most of them. When I asked about the characteristics of management in the company, his response was, "Why would you need to know that? What if I was the worst manager in the country but you could still pay cash for a Range Rover?" Well, then I'd be an unhappy person in a pointless car. It made me very uneasy. He asked several other questions around that theme, "What if you were constantly micromanaged but made 200k?" "What if I was a great mentor but you could only make 70k?"

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best performer on the worst team or a middle performer on the best team?   4 Answers

Jun 16, 2015 – Representative

We appreciate all feedback, and will use this as a means to improve the interview processes. Also, this is not the norm, as our managers are trained on best practices. We are sorry they were not... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had an initial screening call, they were professional. Questions were easy, asked about past experience and college credentials. I gave an honest answer (as you always should) about my "legal record" because I have a non criminal, dismissed underage drinking citation; Doesn't seem like they hire anyone with any sort of ding on their criminal record, which is totally understandable. Personally, I wouldn't want to work for a company that takes small, past occurrences so seriously. Seems like a great company in all other facets.

Interview Questions

• We do an extensive background check - would anything come up if we ran a background check on you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and received an email back from a recruiter within a few hours requesting a phone interview. She called at the assigned time and we spoke for about 45 minutes- she gave me a history of Paycom, how the training and pay structure works and a general overview of the position. She also asked me questions about my sales background that were taken right from my resume- no challenging questions at all. It was a fairly straight forward process and I then set up a meeting with the office manager in Boston. Again, a fairly straight forward meeting where he asked me about my background- he seemed to be kind of lost in his own thoughts through some of it but I didn't really mind. I then was contacted to go in for an afternoon to try to make some appointments- this was where things went off path for me. I had asked repeatedly in my first interview with the recruiter and then with the manager if this was cold-calling or if these were interested leads and was assured that it was not cold-calling but that marketing had already broken through to people who had expressed interest in Paycom services. That is not the case at all. It is ENTIRELY cold-calling. I've been in sales and have a pretty thick skin but it's depressing to be hung-up on all day. I eventually made my appointments but could not face doing this day-in-day out. If you don't mind cold-calling, I think this could be a great place for you- just not for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a CEO that wasn't interested in your pitch?   Answer Question