Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a Paycom recruiter over the phone, and he asked me a series of general questions. I told him about my work experience and he acknowledged that it wasn't the typical path. He said I'm typically not the type that they would hire, but could still give it a try by applying online if I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience.
    Did you have any work gaps after college?
    Did you have a 3.0 gpa?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward sales interview, I enjoyed it very much. Make sure you learn about them and like what you hear. They WANT you to do well in the interview, but simply want to be sure that you're sure.

1. Recruiter sent Linkedin message
    2. Interview with hiring manager
    3. Appointment setting- MUST set three appointments in three hours
    4. Webcam interview with exec.
    5. Offer emailed, drug screen, driving history, references called

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you leaving your employer?
      2. Why do you want to work here?
      3. [Ask for and respond to objections/hesistations]
      4. You must CLOSE the "sale"- leave with the next step scheduled
      2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Pay is very competitive. Full benefits.

May 28, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview story!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2015.

Interview

This was the strangest interview I have ever been a part of. When my interviewer saw that I had a list of several questions prepared, he stopped interviewing me and had me just ask my questions. He then proceeded to dodge most of them. When I asked about the characteristics of management in the company, his response was, "Why would you need to know that? What if I was the worst manager in the country but you could still pay cash for a Range Rover?" Well, then I'd be an unhappy person in a pointless car. It made me very uneasy. He asked several other questions around that theme, "What if you were constantly micromanaged but made 200k?" "What if I was a great mentor but you could only make 70k?"

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best performer on the worst team or a middle performer on the best team?   4 Answers

Jun 16, 2015 – Representative

We appreciate all feedback, and will use this as a means to improve the interview processes. Also, this is not the norm, as our managers are trained on best practices. We are sorry they were not ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had an initial screening call, they were professional. Questions were easy, asked about past experience and college credentials. I gave an honest answer (as you always should) about my "legal record" because I have a non criminal, dismissed underage drinking citation; Doesn't seem like they hire anyone with any sort of ding on their criminal record, which is totally understandable. Personally, I wouldn't want to work for a company that takes small, past occurrences so seriously. Seems like a great company in all other facets.

Interview Questions

• We do an extensive background check - would anything come up if we ran a background check on you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and received an email back from a recruiter within a few hours requesting a phone interview. She called at the assigned time and we spoke for about 45 minutes- she gave me a history of Paycom, how the training and pay structure works and a general overview of the position. She also asked me questions about my sales background that were taken right from my resume- no challenging questions at all. It was a fairly straight forward process and I then set up a meeting with the office manager in Boston. Again, a fairly straight forward meeting where he asked me about my background- he seemed to be kind of lost in his own thoughts through some of it but I didn't really mind. I then was contacted to go in for an afternoon to try to make some appointments- this was where things went off path for me. I had asked repeatedly in my first interview with the recruiter and then with the manager if this was cold-calling or if these were interested leads and was assured that it was not cold-calling but that marketing had already broken through to people who had expressed interest in Paycom services. That is not the case at all. It is ENTIRELY cold-calling. I've been in sales and have a pretty thick skin but it's depressing to be hung-up on all day. I eventually made my appointments but could not face doing this day-in-day out. If you don't mind cold-calling, I think this could be a great place for you- just not for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a CEO that wasn't interested in your pitch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO).

Interview

It wasn't too difficult. You just need to relate your past sales experience. They are looking for aggression and grit. You need to convey that you will stick with it no matter what. You then have an onsite interview and you have to set 3 appointments from 9 until noon. If you can do that you get to the final interview with the vp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to play golf?   2 Answers

Feb 26, 2015 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Introduced to Paycom by recruiting agency. Process included phone screen, interview with Sales Manager, four hours cold calling, and a final interview with VP. They look for you to show resolve when cold calling, don't set down the phone and be ready to overcome a lot of objections.

Interview Questions

I gage the value a company places on their people by their willingness to negotiate an offer. I asked for an additional $3k and a fully paid phone (they only offer $25/month credit). Paycom was unwilling to negotiate anything. Additionally, I do not like the idea of using my own vehicle as transportation to/from appointments. I was initially prepared to except an offer, but the negotiation process was red flag. If a company won't fight to get you on their team than it isn't a place you should want to work.

Mar 30, 2015 – Representative

In order to remain fair, negotiating an increase in the base salary and certain perks are not part of our process. This ensures that everyone is treated the same, with fairness. We do have one of the ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter about the position. She was extremely enthusiastic about how perfect I was for the position. Had one phone interview that went very well and was then asked to come in for a more formal interview. Normal interview, nothing too exciting or difficult. The thing that made this experience so horrible was how unprofessional they were following the interview. They said they were excited to set up the next interview with me and thought that I would be a great fit. Both the recruiter and the company fell off the planet afterwards. Not a single email, phone call, anything. Extremely rude.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015 – Representative

We know communication is important while job searching, and we apologize for your experience. All feedback is appreciated and your situation is being addressed. Your time is valued, and we wish you ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a head hunter who contacted me. Brief phone screening to see if you would potentially be a good fit. Met with the branch manager who interviewed me for about an hour. Asked me to come back for a phone canvassing session. Came in at 8 and worked until 12. You need to get 3 confirmed appointments. Was able to accomplish this. Came back for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How are you different than other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question