Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a head hunter who contacted me. Brief phone screening to see if you would potentially be a good fit. Met with the branch manager who interviewed me for about an hour. Asked me to come back for a phone canvassing session. Came in at 8 and worked until 12. You need to get 3 confirmed appointments. Was able to accomplish this. Came back for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How are you different than other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Basic 5 minute interview about myself with recruiter
    2. Interview in depth with recruiter 30 minutes (basic interview questions)
    3. In person test (12 minutes 50 questions) then interview with sales manager
    4. Interview with regional manager
    5. Cold Calling in person

The interview process was not too bad, just had to go through a lot of people. I was able to get through it on pure personality and past experience, if you are someone who is interested in sales I would look into it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this?
      Tell me about your values?
      Go over resume
      Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! Thank you for sharing your interview experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me the next day. She was very pushy that she wanted me to interview quickly with the Vice President. The interview was scheduled for two days later at 7:30 in the morning. I sat around and waited for my phone to ring, no call, no email, nothing. Finally, that afternoon, I emailed my recruiter and apparently the person I was supposed to be interviewed with "forgot". A time was rescheduled, however once again the person never called, nor did the recruiter follow up. I ended up accepting an offer with another company the same day. I'm happy I dodged a bullet of working for such an unprofessional and disorganized company.

Feb 6, 2015 – Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand. If you have any further comments concerning this incident, please connect ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was certainly intense and clear that Paycom is very specific about the type of people they hire. Must be very confident, professional, and have a great personality. Multiple rounds of interviews with the office manager and regional manager. Toughest part is the phone canvassing session in which you will need to set 3 appointments for other reps in a four hour period. Can definitely be accomplished, but will certainly test your skills on the phone and how you act under pressure. This is fun though because all the reps in the office are doing the same thing as you and supporting you the whole time. Just go in with confidence!

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk about your experiences and what has prepared you for a career in sales. They are very interested in why you answer questions a certain way as well, so know your answers well. They are also looking for you to close them in the interview. Never leave without setting up a clear next step or they may question your ability to close a sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin and instead of setting me up on a call with herself, the hiring sales manager in the Boston office called me instead. I was caught off guard with the bypass of the recruiter, but the sales manager insisted because he was so impressed with my resume. We hit it off over the phone, he seemed like a real down to earth guy that was easy to get along with and he invited me into the office the next night. Once I got there, I sat down across from the hiring sales manager and also a tenured rep on his team. The sales manager did not look up from my resume once the entire interview. He grilled me on every little aspect of my resume; why I had a month in between jobs, why I didn't pursue a professional job immediately out of school, etc. He asked some real fluffy questions, too, such as, "who is your biggest role model" and "what motivates you in life?" Was that guy seriously going to decide whether to hire me or not based off questions like that? When I finally got the opportunity to ask some questions, I asked the hiring manager if he had any reservations about hiring me. He said he was disappointed that I didn't have a professional job secured right out of college and that he only wants to hire people who are 100% gun ho perusing sales. I guess taking two small jobs after college to figure out what you want to do is not taken lightly at Paycom.

Interview Questions

• Are you intrinsically or extrinsically motivated?   1 Answer

Feb 6, 2015 – Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not the norm in any of our offices across the nation. Thank you for your comments and we wish you the best in future endeavors.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty typical. You have a phone call from a recruiter, if you meet the qualifications and seem like a good fit you meet with the manager of the office you are interviewing for, then if they like you, you would come in for a phone canvassing session where you meet the team and try to set three appointments. If you make it past the phone canvassing session you interview with your regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

There are a few steps involved in the interview process, but the recruiters do a great job of walking you through what is involved for each step. You know where you stand at each point, and each step gives you a look inside the company from a different angle. If you take advantage of it, the interview process gives you a great idea of whether this is the position for you before you take that leap from another employer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the person for this position over all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is as advertised here on glassdoor, challenging and yet rewarding if you make it through like I did. They look for the best which is a big reason why the company is growing to what it is. I've heard a stat (not sure if its true or not) that they hire only 4% of all interviewing applicants for sales representatives which means they have a ton of people applying. And while a lot are probably applying with no chance at the job which helps that stat still there are tons of qualified applicants that get turned down because they cant make it through the gauntlet or do bad on making their appointments in the final interviewing process or various other reasons I'm sure.

Overall it was very rewarding getting the job offer and I was very happy to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiters walk you through the process as do the managers. It is easy to get hired if you have half a brain and you can convince people you are willing to work ridiculous hours and hit quotas no matter what it takes.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Ignore the recruiters and the managers because they are the ones that stand to make money if you get hired. Here is the deal. If you have a fluid life, and are willing to relocate thousands of miles away, feel free to work here. All reviews about crazy hours, no time off, but incredible compensation is true. However, do not plan to stay put in your current location. Once succeed for a few years you will be asked to relocate to manage an office. If you decline, your next option will be to travel for weeks/months on end to territories outside of your current state for sales work. If you refuse that, good luck keeping your job. People that do not move up to manager, and refuse to travel, will definately be let go. Don't believe me? Go on Linkedin and try to find sales reps or exec reps that remained employed in their original location for more than 5 years. 870 employees and you may find 1 or 2 existing exec reps that were not let go or did not move on. Why do they do this? Well to start, you make 50k. In a few years? 120k! Why pay someone triple the pay for cold calling and canvassing when you can use your world renowned training to get young employees up to speed quickly and pay 50k for similar results. It's all about profit margins people. If you are looking for job security, longevity in your current location, look elsewhere.