Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewing with Paycom was timely and efficient. I spoke to a recruiter by phone, and sent her my resume. She had me apply online, and then I was scheduled to interview with the Sales Manager the next week. From there I interviewed with the Regional Manager. The last step in the interview is the phone canvass session. I think it's great that phone-canvassing is apart of the interview, it gives people a sneak peak at what a job with Paycom would be like.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was probably phone canvass session just because it was not something I had ever done before. But they prep you, and it's more of a mental test seeing how you are able to adapt and roll with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

4 steps, 1-3 with a recruiter, 1 face to face with and office manager, 1 face to face with regional manager, must come in and cold call with the sales teem and set 3 appointments in open territory.

Interview Questions

• They like the strong close for the next step.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at a certain set base with a comission structure.
    Once Exec Rep is reached based on performance, salary and commission increased significantly.
    Be warned they can take this away at their discretions. Ask about salary reduction agreement. This policy creates a constant state of fear with reps as its a 30k difference in base pay and that significantly affects you ability to make the needed life adjustments. I was given 2 days notice of this happening.

Oct 31, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone interview, manger interview, regional manager interview, executive interview. Manager canceled my first interview the day of about an hour before the interview because they had to go on a sales call. I was not happy about that since I lived an hour and a half away from the interview site and felt it was extremely unprofessional that someone from corporate called me to cancel with only an hour of lead time. The manager didn't even call to cancel and reschedule and apologize. Second interview was via webcam, final was in person. Standard interview questions and process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will not negotiate anything - not even vacation time or a signing bonus.

Jul 22, 2014 – Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We value your time and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

You have a phone screening, a video interview with a manager, an in-office interview that includes a cold-call prospecting session, an interview with the regional manager, then an interview with the Chief Sales Officer.

I turned down three other job offers and accepted my offer at Paycom. A week and a half later, they call me and tell me my offer is being withdrawn because of a non-criminal underage drinking citation I received in college 7 years ago.

Ignoring that asinine policy in itself--the messed up part is that I had already told my recruiter about the citation on our first phone call two months prior to receiving the offer. Upon speaking to the HR Director I found out the recruiter had LIED to me and very likely lied to her bosses.

Throughout the process I was lied to, made phone calls that went un-returned, and was generally treated unprofessionally. During the interview, they had me lie to prospective clients during the prospecting portion. Paycom's mistake cost me time and money.

This company hires young people and encourages them to make money at all cost. They clearly don't value professional integrity and the lack of experience among their employees became painfully obvious during my situation.

If you're willing to trade your integrity to make money, you'll find a home at Paycom.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult, but they told me if I treated this job as if I was married to it, I'd be able to make hundreds of thousands of dollars within 2-3 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation--it's all fixed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The process was lengthy but it did give me a good insight to the company culture and job responsibilities. I met with both the sales manager in Phoenix and the regional sales manager both were very professional and knowledgeable about Paycom and where they see the company going.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult for me was the prospecting session. I did enjoy the team but this is where I realized this wasn't for me. The questions they asked made me think. They really wanted to get to know me and what drives me to success. Things I guess I had never thought about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via linked in. He said they were specifically asked to find candidates from my current plae of employment. After the phone screening with the recruiter the branch manager had me in for an interview. It went well, took about an hour. I felt e really tried to get in my head and made me think about if this job would be the right fit. After that I was contacted a week later by the recruiter and he gave me tips and tricks for a web interview with the regional vp. That went ok, but when they contacted me for a cold calling session I wasn't interested in the position. Still at the same job I started at.

Interview Questions

• What do you read? Books? Newspapers? Magazines?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional company. During my first interview other employees in the office were doing planks and walls squats with rap music blasting in the background. After my interview, I was invited back for a second, which would be done via web conference. They rescheduled twice and then cancelled. I found this very unprofessional, considering I took time off of work so I could conduct the conference in privacy.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process I took part in was close to 8 weeks long. I had a first interview scheduled, and it was then rescheduled twice within the next 2 weeks. I finally received a first interview over 2 weeks later from when I was told they were interested in setting up a first interview. This was very unfortunate, because AFTER going through the entire phone canvassing and even NEXT interview process 2 weeks later, I was THEN told 1 week later that I would not be getting the offer (May I add that I even made the 3 appointment requirement). Very frustrating that I was led on throughout the whole process and it wasted 7 weeks of my time while I even have a full-time job.

Interview Questions

• The phone canvassing part was the most difficult, but also gave you a great feeling of what the job is going to be like. Although, DO NOT give your hopes up even if you schedule the 3 minimal appointments.   Answer Question

May 12, 2014 – Representative

Thank you for your response and we apologize that you felt the process was lengthy. We do our very best to work with every candidates schedule, especially those that are working full-time, and the ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions

• How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

May 12, 2014 – Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very impressive process that revealed they make sure they have the right fit before extending an offer. Started the process with a recruiter who screened me thoroughly before setting up a phone screen with the local sales manager. After passing, I met the sales manager for an in-person interview, and afterward met the rest of the team in the office. The next interview was with the regional VP of Sales who was young but sharp as a tack. After passing that stage I was invited to a "phone canvassing" session which basically is a try-out to see if you have what it takes to cut it. This also provides you with an opportunity to determine for yourself whether or not this is the job for you. The goal is setting 3 appointments within a 5 hour period. If you pass the phone canvassing session you then meet with the CSO for a final screen. If this goes well, you'll most likely get an offer.

Interview Questions

• The phone canvassing session was one of the most incredible interview experiences ever. It made the job palpable in ways that talking over a resume never could be possible. It took me a while to get my first appointment, but I remained calm and was able to hit them.   Answer Question