Paycom Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
    The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
    First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview had 3 rounds,
    First, an on-campus interview.
    Second, an online test on PHP mySQL and C#.
    Third, an onsite interview with a Senior Developer.

On campus was the longest one had mostly technical questions and a few behavioral which included classic questions like why this company, why your university, my major interests and previous work.
    Online test is pretty simple, if you know basics of PHP C# and MySQL. I did my homework so it was easy.
    On-site was just a 5 min interview. No technical stuff at all, just questions about my previous work.

Overall the experience was really awesome, simple and straight forward. The HR dept. rep was really helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Anagram
      Count of each unique character in a string.
      SQL Groupby.   Answer Question

Nov 10, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the kind words about our interview process. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole process had two rounds. One at the university and one at the premises. They had a reception the night before the interview and gave a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• How did code influence your life?   1 Answer

Mar 16, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review!

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Norman, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through Career Fare. Got a call to setup interview which will be held ON-CAMPUS and after getting selected. You will be called for ONSITE interview which is quite exciting for me as this is my first internship.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous projects (which are present on my resume). As my undergrad background is Electronics and Communications, they asked me why I am interested in Computer Science. Tell me about your previous CS projects you are involved.
      After getting selected ON-CAMPUS, ONSITE interview is pretty good. Little more detailed explanation about previous project and I was asked --- how do you find whether given pair of words are anagrams or not? Basic DS helps you to crack interview.....   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

One phone screening, this is straight forward, behavior and guestimating your amount of skill level with coding. Next will be an interview. Then another, then finally one last interview. Overall, the process is not hard.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Paycom (Norman, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

Difference between Class and Id?
    Alignment of Div tags?
    Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
    find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Questions

• Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Applied through Career fair. Took about two weeks to get a call for campus interview. Campus interview was on time. I was basically asked to define few concepts of OOP like the definition of OOP, encapsulation, public private and protected methods, etc. Questions based on resume. And detailed questions on SQL were you will be asked to write queries also. Few behavioral questions as well. Still waiting to know the resut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

First was phone screening. Second was a face-to-face interview in the company itself. They asked about my experience in php and database. And asked many questions on mysql specially. It took 2 months for the process and took 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why computer science?
      Inner join, outer left join, best thing and worst thing about php   Answer Question

Dec 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We wish you the best of luck in your job search!