Paycom Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Manager was very personable. Asked about past projects/typical technical questions/what I expected of the job. After that was out of the way, the manager let me know Paycom's culture and background.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 22, 2017 – Representative

Welcome to Paycom!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a interview on campus. The person that I interviewed with was one of the heads of development. Didn't get the position because I did not has a lot of experience with coding.

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed. I did enjoy my interview with Rob. The company is growing and seems to provide a great training program for newly hired interns in php, c#, and MySQL.

I would study SOLID programming principles and basic sorting algorithms. The questions did not involve the application or explanation of any Data Structures.

I do not plan on reapplying, but would recommend any ambitious undergraduates(freshman and sophomores) to apply for the invaluable interview practice.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

First was phone screening. Second was a face-to-face interview in the company itself. They asked about my experience in php and database. And asked many questions on mysql specially. It took 2 months for the process and took 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why computer science?
      Inner join, outer left join, best thing and worst thing about php   Answer Question

Dec 22, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We wish you the best of luck in your job search!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Skills test. Two in person interviews (One with the manager. One with the CIO.). They started with a call about my application. Then sent me a link to test my knowledge (kinda insulting but okay). Then pulled me in for two interviews. Last interview was a dud CIO was not very interested in answering questions. Did not seem to really care.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Describe your coding style in three words.
      What do you do at your current job?   1 Answer

Nov 11, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview had 3 rounds,
    First, an on-campus interview.
    Second, an online test on PHP mySQL and C#.
    Third, an onsite interview with a Senior Developer.

On campus was the longest one had mostly technical questions and a few behavioral which included classic questions like why this company, why your university, my major interests and previous work.
    Online test is pretty simple, if you know basics of PHP C# and MySQL. I did my homework so it was easy.
    On-site was just a 5 min interview. No technical stuff at all, just questions about my previous work.

Overall the experience was really awesome, simple and straight forward. The HR dept. rep was really helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Anagram
      Count of each unique character in a string.
      SQL Groupby.   Answer Question

Nov 10, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the kind words about our interview process. Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Stillwater, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my College website. It took around 2-3 weeks. They conducted two rounds of interview first at our college and the second one was conducted at their head office (Oklahoma City)

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team!

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole process had two rounds. One at the university and one at the premises. They had a reception the night before the interview and gave a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• How did code influence your life?   1 Answer

Mar 16, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for the interview review!

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Norman, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through Career Fare. Got a call to setup interview which will be held ON-CAMPUS and after getting selected. You will be called for ONSITE interview which is quite exciting for me as this is my first internship.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous projects (which are present on my resume). As my undergrad background is Electronics and Communications, they asked me why I am interested in Computer Science. Tell me about your previous CS projects you are involved.
      After getting selected ON-CAMPUS, ONSITE interview is pretty good. Little more detailed explanation about previous project and I was asked --- how do you find whether given pair of words are anagrams or not? Basic DS helps you to crack interview.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend to the company. Recruiter contacted me to apply on their website. Called in for interview. Showed up on site to have a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions of my personality and thoughts on different languages and development enviroments. Asked basic fundamental questions of programming nothing that was too tedious or challenging.

Interview Questions

• What programming language to you believe will outlast the others?   Answer Question