Paycom Transition Specialist Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter saying that my resume matched a job description. I was signed up for a phone screen, however, the recruiter couldn't have sounded more disinterested.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 1, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to hear you had an unpleasant interview experience. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Pasadena, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It all started very well. The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn, scheduled a phone screening/interview. Then said she wanted to move forward and to apply online, which I did. She then proceeded to schedule an interview for Thursday at 4:30pm. That Thursday at 11:30am she texted me saying that we had to reschedule because there was no one at the office to interview me. Although I was very understanding, I did think it was extremely unprofessional.
    I was going out of town the following week so she said to reschedule for when I came back. While I was gone I received a rejection email so I contacted my recruiter since I hadn't even interviewed for the position to be rejected. It took her 5 days to respond saying that they had filled the position already.
    I'm sure things would've gone differently had they not cancelled my interview the day of. I felt like I wasn't dealing with a serious company.
    Please take people's time seriously.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, but thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I then did a phone screen and an assessment. I was then scheduled for a Skype like interview. Was told I would hear back in a week. Heard back 3 hours later that they wanted me to come into the office the next day. That is a 3 hour commute and I have a full time job. Recruiter became very high pressure that I make it in to continue the next steps. I gave her dates and times but she has not responded

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

They typically go through the steps quickly, which was nice for me in need of a new job. I had my first interview Monday and had my offer by the end of the week. They have you take a quick 20 minute "Wonderlinc" test on the computer.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 29, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Mansfield, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a message off of LinkedIn from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went well but I never got a call back or an email saying they went with another candidate even though I patiently waited for a response like the recruiter said she would give me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why did you have a work gap between x and y dates?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for the lack of communication from our team. Every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief screen. Shortly after, I was notified that I was being considered for an in-person interview. The recruiter I worked with was friendly and helpful and it was clear that she had the candidate's best interests in mind.

My in-person interview took place in the Sunnyvale office and it was an awkward, disappointing, and poorly orchestrated affair. Upon reaching the door to the Paycom suite, I was faced with a locked door. I wasn't told how to notify the interviewer that I arrived and after some unsuccessful knocking, I called my recruiter at 5:00pm Oklahoma time on a Friday and was lucky enough to get a hold of her. She let the interviewer know that I was outside and I was let in a few moments later.

The interview proceeded as the recruiter described. I was led to a computer to complete the assessment. First strike, the computer was running on Windows 98. After completing the assessment, I stepped into the office of the interviewer and sat down to begin the interview. Strike two, the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in his own questions (the most cliche of which I describe below) as well as mine. After an unenthusiastic sendoff on both sides, I stepped out and returned to the buildings garage where (strike three) I got stuck at the exit because I was never notified that I needed to get parking validated by the company I was visiting.

Long story short, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a logistical nightmare and the Sunnyvale office did not represent Paycom in a positive light.

Interview Questions

• As I mentioned above, I'm going to list some of the cringeworthy, cliché questions I was asked.
      1) What is your dream job? What's stopping you from doing that?
      2) Describe yourself in three words.
      3) Why should I hire you?
      4) What's the number one reason I SHOULDN'T hire you?
          - The interviewer looked so pleased with himself when he asked this question as if it was the most
             clever question in the history of interviews. In reality, just a horrible take on "what's your biggest
             weakness" question.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience in our Sunnyvale office. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments seriously. We wish you the best... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

I received an email from one of their "Talent Acquisition Specialists" inviting me to set up a phone interview. The interview started smoothly and the job seemed to be a great fit for what I was looking for, but unfortunately it required me to spend 3 out of 5 working days traveling overnight which is not conducive to my obligations outside of work. I very politely explained that situation, and the specialist's attitude could not have changed faster. Now, I work at a staffing agency, and I understand our recruiters' disappointment when a candidate they are screening turns out not to be a fit. But they always practice professionalism and gracefully end the conversation, wishing the candidate best of luck in their search at the very least. This girl I was speaking with rudely scoffed once I declined to move further in the process and was extremely quick to hang up on me. Not even a "thank you for your time." If that is the type of professionalism at the company, I am entirely glad that I realized it wouldn't be a fit this early in the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant interview with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

A recruiter had contacted me saying she thought I'd be a great fit for this job and had seen my resume on a job board. She had sent me an email and also called me and left a voicemail saying she was excited about me joining the company and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I was busy and wasn't able to respond for a few days, so she then sent me a couple of other emails and phone calls. When I called her back, she was really excited and wanted to set up an interview immediately. When we had finally had our phone interview, she told me again she was excited for me to join the company and thought I'd be a great fit for the role, and she told me to first complete a series of assessments. She then sent me another email saying she thought I would be a great fit for this position. After I had finished the assessment, she called me again the next day and told me to call her back. When I called her, she said she had a few other questions for me. At the end of our call, she had told me again she had thought I was a great fit for the role and was excited to get me started. The next day, I received an email saying I would not be moving on in the process. All this after she had called and emailed me about 5 times trying to get a hold of me to interview and saying she was excited for me to get started and saying I was a good fit? She was nice during our talks, but I don't know why she kept on calling and emailing me so many times. I hadn't heard of Paycom before and wasn't looking at Paycom until she had kept on trying to contact me to talk to her. I would recommend that the recruiter I had dealt with act more professional and not try to keep on contacting me everyday to interview me and string me along by saying she's excited for me to join or that I'm a great fit if that isn't the case.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve our interview process. Our goal is to give the best experience to each candidate during every step of the process, even when we’ve made... More

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Tulsa, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very fast and informative. I felt like I had every question answered as soon as I asked. I was guided by a human resource representative from Paycom which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company? Was I ok with traveling.   Answer Question

Dec 8, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to Paycom!