Paycom Transition Specialist Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales position originally and I was recommended for the Transition Specialist Role. I had to take an excel test at home to get the interview, as well as the Wonderlic Test when I got to the office for the first interview. I interviewed with the TSR Manager as well as the Head of the department. They asked a lot of critical thinking questions, as well as questions to find out more about my experiences. I was fresh out of college at the time. I was offered the position within 4 hours of leaving the interview.

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation, they have a set pay structure (which has changed for the better 3 times since I started a year and a half ago). At the time the department was growing so I was able to negotiate when i started a little bit. Now they have larger training classes so there might not be as much flexibility there.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

1) Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. She was very nice and professional. I enjoyed speaking with her.
    2) After that my next step was to "meet" with a manager and the person training him. It was over Skype and I had to wait 5 minutes at 8 am, which just felt strange.
    3) It was not conversational at all. I felt uncomfortable the entire time- interviewer was combative and wanted to push the "we are the best" idea. They asked basic questions and just said "okay" when I finished speaking and immediately asked the next one. I could tell the person had never interviewed before.
    3) When I asked about the culture, it was mentioned it's fun, friendly, etc... Just not "exactly there yet" at the location I was interviewing for. It definitely made me pause.
    4) I have never heard anything either way, which is strange because they reached out to me. Paycom wants people that will do all the dirty work without offering respect.
    5) They will probably comment on this and say my attitude isn't right for the "tough and competitive world" of sales, which is another red flag to me!

May 2, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during the interview process and we apologize you... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief screen. Shortly after, I was notified that I was being considered for an in-person interview. The recruiter I worked with was friendly and helpful and it was clear that she had the candidate's best interests in mind.

My in-person interview took place in the Sunnyvale office and it was an awkward, disappointing, and poorly orchestrated affair. Upon reaching the door to the Paycom suite, I was faced with a locked door. I wasn't told how to notify the interviewer that I arrived and after some unsuccessful knocking, I called my recruiter at 5:00pm Oklahoma time on a Friday and was lucky enough to get a hold of her. She let the interviewer know that I was outside and I was let in a few moments later.

The interview proceeded as the recruiter described. I was led to a computer to complete the assessment. First strike, the computer was running on Windows 98. After completing the assessment, I stepped into the office of the interviewer and sat down to begin the interview. Strike two, the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in his own questions (the most cliche of which I describe below) as well as mine. After an unenthusiastic sendoff on both sides, I stepped out and returned to the buildings garage where (strike three) I got stuck at the exit because I was never notified that I needed to get parking validated by the company I was visiting.

Long story short, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a logistical nightmare and the Sunnyvale office did not represent Paycom in a positive light.

Interview Questions

• As I mentioned above, I'm going to list some of the cringeworthy, cliché questions I was asked.
      1) What is your dream job? What's stopping you from doing that?
      2) Describe yourself in three words.
      3) Why should I hire you?
      4) What's the number one reason I SHOULDN'T hire you?
          - The interviewer looked so pleased with himself when he asked this question as if it was the most
             clever question in the history of interviews. In reality, just a horrible take on "what's your biggest
             weakness" question.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience in our Sunnyvale office. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments seriously. We wish you the best... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Mansfield, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a message off of LinkedIn from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went well but I never got a call back or an email saying they went with another candidate even though I patiently waited for a response like the recruiter said she would give me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why did you have a work gap between x and y dates?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for the lack of communication from our team. Every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not... More

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Tulsa, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very fast and informative. I felt like I had every question answered as soon as I asked. I was guided by a human resource representative from Paycom which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company? Was I ok with traveling.   Answer Question

Dec 8, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to Paycom!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Process is pretty bureaucratic. Expect a few back and forth emails and calls with an Oklahoma rep, then a few tests, and in-person interviews. The people in Oklahoma are very helpful, however once I finally met with the Silicon Valley/San Francisco employees, the process became difficult to manage. Multiple errors were made--
    1) Despite that I work and live in San Francisco, they rescheduled my SF interview to Silicon Valley more than once. I had to keep calling back to change this because I had explained to them before, I could not make the commute without losing a few hours at my current job.
    2) They rescheduled to a 7am interview from the SF office that would webcam to Silicon Valley. The SF office opened their doors 10 minutes late and my interview then had to be split into parts to make up for the lost time.
    3) Despite having a scheduled follow up in which they said that they would call, they did not. They did not answer after that, either.
    4) Days later, they sent me an email saying that they will not be hiring me as a Garnishment Representative-- which is not the job I interviewed for over the past week and a half.
    Otherwise-- decently pleasant experience. Be ready to relate your previous experience to the job description and practice the Wonderlict tests before hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the real you, that isn't represented by this resume.   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

We’re glad you marked your experience as positive and greatly appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Was initially contacted by corporate recruiter for a brief 10-20 minute interview. Was then sent links to an Excel skills test and a 100 question personality test. After competing the tests I was contacted about 2 weeks later to come in for a video interview with a manager from the corporate office. Prior to stating the video interview you're required to take a timed IQ test.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: Give me one of your weaknesses and a time where you turned it into a positive   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Vienna, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about the position. She informed me of the position and asked if I was still interested. We set up an interview at the office in Vienna, VA a few days later. Beforehand, I had to take a personality test. The interview started with a 12 minute math reasoning test. They had word problems dealing with basic arithmetic, and a lot of word association. Pretty simple. I scored a 34/50.

Then I interviewed with the manager of the office and the TSR manager for the region via GoToMeeting. The questions were pretty standard. They offered me the job the next day. Then they required a background check and a drug test. With that out of the way, I'm not awaiting confirmation on my flight to OKC for the 6-week training program. The entire process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• None, really. If you've been on a decent number of interviews, you'll be prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

My interview was scheduled for 2pm and I was asked to arrive about 10 minutes early. Upon arrival, I was greeted and offered a drink. I was then introduced to a few employees. I was told I would be taking the Wonderlic exam, and then began my webcam interview. I had my initial interview with one manager and he had another interview me as well via webcam. They asked typical interview questions, both were very easy to converse with and not too harsh by any means. Overall a really good experience. Lasted about an hour and a half including the exam and both interviews. I have a final interview tomorrow with one more manager and I'm hoping to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is something people think upon meeting you that is untrue?   Answer Question
    • What three characteristics would your boss use to describe you?   Answer Question

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.