Paycom Transition Specialist Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paycom Transition Specialist Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Mansfield, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a message off of LinkedIn from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went well but I never got a call back or an email saying they went with another candidate even though I patiently waited for a response like the recruiter said she would give me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why did you have a work gap between x and y dates?
    Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for the lack of communication from our team. Every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

I received an email from one of their "Talent Acquisition Specialists" inviting me to set up a phone interview. The interview started smoothly and the job seemed to be a great fit for what I was looking for, but unfortunately it required me to spend 3 out of 5 working days traveling overnight which is not conducive to my obligations outside of work. I very politely explained that situation, and the specialist's attitude could not have changed faster. Now, I work at a staffing agency, and I understand our recruiters' disappointment when a candidate they are screening turns out not to be a fit. But they always practice professionalism and gracefully end the conversation, wishing the candidate best of luck in their search at the very least. This girl I was speaking with rudely scoffed once I declined to move further in the process and was extremely quick to hang up on me. Not even a "thank you for your time." If that is the type of professionalism at the company, I am entirely glad that I realized it wouldn't be a fit this early in the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry you had an unpleasant interview with one of our recruiters. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

A recruiter had contacted me saying she thought I'd be a great fit for this job and had seen my resume on a job board. She had sent me an email and also called me and left a voicemail saying she was excited about me joining the company and wanted to schedule a phone interview. I was busy and wasn't able to respond for a few days, so she then sent me a couple of other emails and phone calls. When I called her back, she was really excited and wanted to set up an interview immediately. When we had finally had our phone interview, she told me again she was excited for me to join the company and thought I'd be a great fit for the role, and she told me to first complete a series of assessments. She then sent me another email saying she thought I would be a great fit for this position. After I had finished the assessment, she called me again the next day and told me to call her back. When I called her, she said she had a few other questions for me. At the end of our call, she had told me again she had thought I was a great fit for the role and was excited to get me started. The next day, I received an email saying I would not be moving on in the process. All this after she had called and emailed me about 5 times trying to get a hold of me to interview and saying she was excited for me to get started and saying I was a good fit? She was nice during our talks, but I don't know why she kept on calling and emailing me so many times. I hadn't heard of Paycom before and wasn't looking at Paycom until she had kept on trying to contact me to talk to her. I would recommend that the recruiter I had dealt with act more professional and not try to keep on contacting me everyday to interview me and string me along by saying she's excited for me to join or that I'm a great fit if that isn't the case.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Representative

We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve our interview process. Our goal is to give the best experience to each candidate during every step of the process, even when we’ve made ... More

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Tulsa, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very fast and informative. I felt like I had every question answered as soon as I asked. I was guided by a human resource representative from Paycom which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company? Was I ok with traveling.   Answer Question

Dec 8, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to Paycom!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Process is pretty bureaucratic. Expect a few back and forth emails and calls with an Oklahoma rep, then a few tests, and in-person interviews. The people in Oklahoma are very helpful, however once I finally met with the Silicon Valley/San Francisco employees, the process became difficult to manage. Multiple errors were made--
    1) Despite that I work and live in San Francisco, they rescheduled my SF interview to Silicon Valley more than once. I had to keep calling back to change this because I had explained to them before, I could not make the commute without losing a few hours at my current job.
    2) They rescheduled to a 7am interview from the SF office that would webcam to Silicon Valley. The SF office opened their doors 10 minutes late and my interview then had to be split into parts to make up for the lost time.
    3) Despite having a scheduled follow up in which they said that they would call, they did not. They did not answer after that, either.
    4) Days later, they sent me an email saying that they will not be hiring me as a Garnishment Representative-- which is not the job I interviewed for over the past week and a half.
    Otherwise-- decently pleasant experience. Be ready to relate your previous experience to the job description and practice the Wonderlict tests before hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the real you, that isn't represented by this resume.   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Representative

We’re glad you marked your experience as positive and greatly appreciate your feedback as we’re always striving to improve the candidate experience. At Paycom, we always aim to be respectful of our ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

A Paycom recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin. First was a phone screen, next you went into the office for a skype interview and then the last was with the director over skype again. It was pretty simple except for the last interview with the Director. He wanted to make it known he was the boss. He was asking questions that were pointless and had nothing to do with my work experience but wanted to see if you cracked under pressure. Also, the previous person I interviewed was observing me and came on half way through and no one told me about it. They silently came on half way in and I noticed the person and there was no acknowledgment of it. I just got a bad vibe from the whole interview with the director and was neutral about not getting an offer.

This was back in March. It is now the end of August and I had two separate recruiting firms reach out to me and ask me if I would be interested in interviewing. When I tell them I interviewed in the beginning of spring and now its the end of summer and two other people have reached out to me about they are shocked by it.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Representative

Questions asked during the interview process are to learn about your experience, and to determine if you’re a fit for the position, not to see if you crack under pressure. Also, any additional ... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

A Paycom HR rep reached out to me via Indeed and she conducted the initial interview screen. I was asked to complete the Wonderlic personality test at home. I went into the LA office to meet with the TSR manager, i completed another Wonderlic test for math and reasoning, the next day I had a WebEx interview with the TSR Director who is based in OKC. I was offered the job the same day I interviewed with the TSR Director.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company? Why did you choose to attend your college over others? Why shouldn't I hire you? Tell me about a time you failed. Tell me about a time you missed a deadline?   Answer Question

May 9, 2016 – Representative

Thank you for your detailed interview review!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Was initially contacted by corporate recruiter for a brief 10-20 minute interview. Was then sent links to an Excel skills test and a 100 question personality test. After competing the tests I was contacted about 2 weeks later to come in for a video interview with a manager from the corporate office. Prior to stating the video interview you're required to take a timed IQ test.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: Give me one of your weaknesses and a time where you turned it into a positive   Answer Question

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales position originally and I was recommended for the Transition Specialist Role. I had to take an excel test at home to get the interview, as well as the Wonderlic Test when I got to the office for the first interview. I interviewed with the TSR Manager as well as the Head of the department. They asked a lot of critical thinking questions, as well as questions to find out more about my experiences. I was fresh out of college at the time. I was offered the position within 4 hours of leaving the interview.

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation, they have a set pay structure (which has changed for the better 3 times since I started a year and a half ago). At the time the department was growing so I was able to negotiate when i started a little bit. Now they have larger training classes so there might not be as much flexibility there.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Vienna, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about the position. She informed me of the position and asked if I was still interested. We set up an interview at the office in Vienna, VA a few days later. Beforehand, I had to take a personality test. The interview started with a 12 minute math reasoning test. They had word problems dealing with basic arithmetic, and a lot of word association. Pretty simple. I scored a 34/50.

Then I interviewed with the manager of the office and the TSR manager for the region via GoToMeeting. The questions were pretty standard. They offered me the job the next day. Then they required a background check and a drug test. With that out of the way, I'm not awaiting confirmation on my flight to OKC for the 6-week training program. The entire process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• None, really. If you've been on a decent number of interviews, you'll be prepared.   Answer Question