Paycom Transition Specialist Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and heard back very quickly from a recruiter. She then set up a phone screen with me, which was very conversational and felt very natural. She told me she wanted me to meet the manager at the office I would work at, and set that up for a few days later. The process would go phone screen, manager, and then two other interviews with directors.

The day of the interview with the manager, the recruiter called me and just wanted to see if I had any last minute questions and wished me luck, which was super kind. I then met with the manager, and took the online logic test. The manager asked me some questions but honestly didn't seem present or interested at all. This job was very similar to the job I currently had, so I thought I was a great fit but he just kept looking for reasons why I wouldn't fit, which was odd.

I heard back 2 days after the interview with the manager that they were not moving forward with me. Seemed weird that I wouldn't move on with the other interviews to see if the directors thought I would be a good fit, but I understand that if the manager didn't like me, then that would just be a waste of time.

It was a very quick process that was enjoyable thanks to the recruiter who worked with me throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Nov 17, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your detailed interview review!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2017.

Interview

They typically go through the steps quickly, which was nice for me in need of a new job. I had my first interview Monday and had my offer by the end of the week. They have you take a quick 20 minute "Wonderlinc" test on the computer.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 29, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Met a corporate recruiter at my school's career fair and passed along my resume.

About 2 weeks later, I was reached out to via email and scheduled a phone interview.

Within 2 weeks I had an in-person interview scheduled at their local satellite office.

Interview questions were pretty basic behavioral questions much like the ones you'll see when you google the top interview questions on Monster dot com.

There was an in-person interview with your manager-to-be followed by a web interview with your manager's managers. Basic behavioral questions. Expect to be able to elaborate on soft skills and your ability to manage projects, speak in front of people, and be personable (it is a client-facing role)

After this there was a Wonderlic Assessment which I had prepared for using practice tests. Basic math and logic questions, nothing too crazy, but timing is everything (it's only 10 minutes).

Received a call-back with offer a few days later along with drug screen information. Drug screen is only for hiring purposes and not recurring.

Sep 27, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Pasadena, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It all started very well. The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn, scheduled a phone screening/interview. Then said she wanted to move forward and to apply online, which I did. She then proceeded to schedule an interview for Thursday at 4:30pm. That Thursday at 11:30am she texted me saying that we had to reschedule because there was no one at the office to interview me. Although I was very understanding, I did think it was extremely unprofessional.
    I was going out of town the following week so she said to reschedule for when I came back. While I was gone I received a rejection email so I contacted my recruiter since I hadn't even interviewed for the position to be rejected. It took her 5 days to respond saying that they had filled the position already.
    I'm sure things would've gone differently had they not cancelled my interview the day of. I felt like I wasn't dealing with a serious company.
    Please take people's time seriously.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, but thank you for providing a detailed account of your interview experience. Regardless of the situation, every candidate should be aware of their standings after an... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter saying that my resume matched a job description. I was signed up for a phone screen, however, the recruiter couldn't have sounded more disinterested.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Sep 1, 2017 – Representative

We're sorry to hear you had an unpleasant interview experience. An interviewer should be fully engaged during your conversation. Best of luck in your career search.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

First, a 15 minute conversation with the recruiter. Second, 12 minute wonderlic test along with a one hour WebEx interview at their office. The final step is meeting with the director. Overall, the whole process was very professional and the recruiter for Paycom is a very sweet lady. The only thing I did not like is the manager asked me an illegal question during the interview by asking what year I graduated high school. However, I personally think she did not know she couldn't ask that considering that she was only a couple months into that position. Plus, I understand why she asked it with regards to my college background.

If you're thinking about working for Paycom, they are a good company that will invest into your personal and professional future. However, make sure you have good questions prepared beforehand!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for your interest in a career at Paycom. We take pride in the fact that all Paycom interviewers are aware of EEO standards. We wish you the best of luck during your job search.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I then did a phone screen and an assessment. I was then scheduled for a Skype like interview. Was told I would hear back in a week. Heard back 3 hours later that they wanted me to come into the office the next day. That is a 3 hour commute and I have a full time job. Recruiter became very high pressure that I make it in to continue the next steps. I gave her dates and times but she has not responded

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and we apologize for the lack of communication. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paycom (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

1) Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. She was very nice and professional. I enjoyed speaking with her.
    2) After that my next step was to "meet" with a manager and the person training him. It was over Skype and I had to wait 5 minutes at 8 am, which just felt strange.
    3) It was not conversational at all. I felt uncomfortable the entire time- interviewer was combative and wanted to push the "we are the best" idea. They asked basic questions and just said "okay" when I finished speaking and immediately asked the next one. I could tell the person had never interviewed before.
    3) When I asked about the culture, it was mentioned it's fun, friendly, etc... Just not "exactly there yet" at the location I was interviewing for. It definitely made me pause.
    4) I have never heard anything either way, which is strange because they reached out to me. Paycom wants people that will do all the dirty work without offering respect.
    5) They will probably comment on this and say my attitude isn't right for the "tough and competitive world" of sales, which is another red flag to me!

May 2, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. The director of recruiting is looking into this matter. Every candidate should be aware of their standings during the interview process and we apologize you... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted by a recruiter for a brief screen. Shortly after, I was notified that I was being considered for an in-person interview. The recruiter I worked with was friendly and helpful and it was clear that she had the candidate's best interests in mind.

My in-person interview took place in the Sunnyvale office and it was an awkward, disappointing, and poorly orchestrated affair. Upon reaching the door to the Paycom suite, I was faced with a locked door. I wasn't told how to notify the interviewer that I arrived and after some unsuccessful knocking, I called my recruiter at 5:00pm Oklahoma time on a Friday and was lucky enough to get a hold of her. She let the interviewer know that I was outside and I was let in a few moments later.

The interview proceeded as the recruiter described. I was led to a computer to complete the assessment. First strike, the computer was running on Windows 98. After completing the assessment, I stepped into the office of the interviewer and sat down to begin the interview. Strike two, the interviewer seemed completely disinterested in his own questions (the most cliche of which I describe below) as well as mine. After an unenthusiastic sendoff on both sides, I stepped out and returned to the buildings garage where (strike three) I got stuck at the exit because I was never notified that I needed to get parking validated by the company I was visiting.

Long story short, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It was a logistical nightmare and the Sunnyvale office did not represent Paycom in a positive light.

Interview Questions

• As I mentioned above, I'm going to list some of the cringeworthy, cliché questions I was asked.
      1) What is your dream job? What's stopping you from doing that?
      2) Describe yourself in three words.
      3) Why should I hire you?
      4) What's the number one reason I SHOULDN'T hire you?
          - The interviewer looked so pleased with himself when he asked this question as if it was the most
             clever question in the history of interviews. In reality, just a horrible take on "what's your biggest
             weakness" question.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2017 – Representative

We apologize for your unpleasant experience in our Sunnyvale office. The director of recruiting is looking into the details of your experience as we take your comments seriously. We wish you the best... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Mansfield, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a message off of LinkedIn from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview. I thought it went well but I never got a call back or an email saying they went with another candidate even though I patiently waited for a response like the recruiter said she would give me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why did you have a work gap between x and y dates?   Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Representative

Thank you for sharing. We apologize for the lack of communication from our team. Every candidate should be aware of their standings after an interview, even when we’ve made the tough decision to not... More