Payless ShoeSource Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Payless ShoeSource Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the store leader for an interview. When I went in, there were also six other girls and no one was informed it would be a group interview. It was very long but simple. The interview was held in the break room. The district leader initiated the interview as the store leader occasionally interrupted and took notes. We had to compliment what the girl to our right was wearing and then was told to go to the front and pick out items and sell it to the same girl. After, we were told to go pick out something ugly in the store and then was told to sell it to the girl to left without repeating anything anyone said. They paid very close attention to how creative and enthusiastic you are. We also were put into groups to do a scavenger hunt with the list they gave us and at the end they asked question such as who led the team and who seemed to do the most work. When the group stuff is over and the district leader will ask a few basic question such as why should we choose you and what can you contribute. (At this point, they pretty much know-how they want.) I received a call the day about a follow up interview with just the store leader but it was basically just hiring paper work. *Advice; make sure to make eye contacts and smile.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you contribute to our company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Payless ShoeSource

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Downey, CA).

Interview

I had an initial interview at the location that I applied for, it was very generic- tell me about a time when ___ type of questions. Then I had a second interview at another location which included a role-play where I had to act as the sales associate and the interviewer was the customer. Both interviews were relatively short.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were confronted with a difficulty and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Woodinville, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and it took them a while to get back to me but they were super friendly and casual. We set up a second interview. I'm still in the process but it's looking really good.

Interview Questions

• Name a stressful situation, how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Group interview with about 5 people. They were looking for someone with positive energy and who was able to articulate their answers confidently and correctly. You don't need former retail experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Northridge, CA).

Interview

Very unprofessional. Applied online and came in the store to give the manager my resume. After looking it over, and asking me a couple questions on the spot, she said she would love to formally interview me and we set it up for later that day. She called me an hour before and cancelled on me. She apologized and said she would call me the following week to set up another interview. After receiving no call, I called the manager to see if we were still good for another interview when she told me "Yes, just wait for my call." Month later, no call.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Orange, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. I had my fist interview and she told me I did great and I will have a second interview. But she told me what I was wearing won't be ok she said I had to dress "Business Casual".

Interview Questions

• What makes you perfect for our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call two days later to interview. Had my first interview with the store manager and got called for a second one with another manager from a different store. Both interviews they asked the same questions, like describe a time when... Their was also a role play where you had to sell a shoe. Be sure to mention the buy one get one 50% and also ask them to try the shoe on. Got a call later that day saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Laguna Niguel, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

They just ask you the normal questions. It is very easy. The person who interviewed me was nice. After my first interview I got a call back to have a second interview. A few days later they told me i got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Clinton, MS) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Previous Manager asks common interview questions, ask you to go to the floor and make a sale, interview was not difficult at all just be yourself and you will get the job....maintain a positive attitude   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Owasso, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Owasso, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

It starts out with the corporate questions, then goes to ask about previous jobs, and your availabilit, then onto questions the manager wants to know about you. Then you are taken on to the floor and the manager has you sell her a pair of shoes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for $9/hrs and they said they start at $7.50 but could do 8. So I accepted. Even though my previous job was 8.77/hr