Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

Secondary English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was pleasant, I spoke with my interviewer on skype for about two hours between her asking me questions and me asking her questions about her specific experience in the job.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It began with pretty straight forward questions but later in the interview some of the questions sounded like trick questions. Basically I was told that I was borderline qualified which made no sense to me. I was told not to get discouraged because I was a perfect fit and that an additional essay question would be sent by email to determine my Spanish writing ability but that email never arrived.

Business Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a Skype interview. The audio/video quality ended up being bad, so the interviewer changed the interview to a phone interview. It lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral interview questions. Have a compelling answer prepared for why you want to work for the Peace Corps. They might also ask you what about the country/region interests you, so be sure to do your research.   Answer Question

Environmental Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2016.

Interview

Woman who conducted the interview via Skype seemed very uninterested in the interview- read a list of questions, wrote down my answers, no conversation whatsoever. Questions were standard Peace Corps interview questions.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with myself and 4 other staff in different time zones. Questions followed behavioural interviewing style, and interviewees were also asked to provide a 5 minute presentation on an online information tool of their choice.
    The interview itself was fairly straightforward but after 4 weeks of no response I had to enquire about the search committee's decision, the HR rep then advised me they had selected another candidate.
    When I enquired if it was normal practice not to notify unsuccessful candidates of hiring decisions the HR rep did not respond.
    I found their behaviour very unprofessional and lacking in transparency, and probably reflective overall of poor communication practices within the organisation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview with PC recruiter in DC. Total interview time was about 45 min and half of the interview was conducted in Spanish as this was a requirement of the opening. I ended up not receiving the offer because they do not allow spouses to travel with the volunteer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict at the workplace and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Literacy Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Online interview with a little flexibility as to when it would occur. I was given a link to open slots and chose the one (within a to-week window) that worked for me.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with being isolated and away from your loved ones for so long?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist - Office of Inspector General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three staff members who had similar (or in one case, the same) job titles to the position that I was applying for. Initially the Assistant Inspector General was in the room, but after briefly describing the office, she left. They were friendly and professional, had prepared questions, and at the end were willing to describe their work experiences to me. Lasted about 45 minutes. Contacted me by email within a few days to request a follow-up interview, which was conducted over the phone with a superior.

Interview Questions

• When working on a team, what role do you usually assume?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with a returned Peace Corps volunteer from the country and sector I was being considered for. Basically the interview was broken up into several parts: questions on why I wanted to join Peace Corps, questions about how I handled certain situations, and discussing common issues many volunteers faced while serving. My interviewer was very friendly and informative on any questions I had. At some points, the interview felt very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to fulfill an important obligation but it ended up being harder than you thought.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in December 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up interview, made it for two weeks later. Interviewer called and explained how it would. She proceeded to ask multiple questions and the whole thing lasted around one hour.