Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.8

Secondary English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was pleasant, I spoke with my interviewer on skype for about two hours between her asking me questions and me asking her questions about her specific experience in the job.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

We met at a cafe. The interviewer asked me scripted questions and recorded my responses. It was not incredibly formal or stressful, but they do expect you to dress professionally (minimum business casual).

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to live under conditions of hardship?   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It began with pretty straight forward questions but later in the interview some of the questions sounded like trick questions. Basically I was told that I was borderline qualified which made no sense to me. I was told not to get discouraged because I was a perfect fit and that an additional essay question would be sent by email to determine my Spanish writing ability but that email never arrived.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was done via video conference (although the video didn't end up working) and was pretty straightforward. It took about 2 hours total but that included me asking questions as well. The interviewer asked the six questions based on the topics listed in his email - no surprises there. That made it very easy to prepare!

Be ready to discuss how you feel about the key challenges PCVs face and any concerns you have about them (i.e. isolation, loneliness, diet, etc). I would also be sure to prepare questions ahead of time about the role, the interviewer's own background, etc. to express your true interest in the role.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience you had transferring knowledge or skills to another person. What did you learn from that experience, and how are you applying those lessons today?   Answer Question

Business Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a Skype interview. The audio/video quality ended up being bad, so the interviewer changed the interview to a phone interview. It lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral interview questions. Have a compelling answer prepared for why you want to work for the Peace Corps. They might also ask you what about the country/region interests you, so be sure to do your research.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview at the nearest PC office. I drove there and met with my recruiter for about an hour. Later, I got the general acceptance, and then a phone call to tell me where I would be going (at the time, I couldn't apply to a specific country or program).

Interview Questions

• Could I live separated from other Americans, or at least a long distance from them, for 2 years.   1 Answer

Youth Dev Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

Extensive. There were often points where I forgot I had applied. Like many federal jobs, this one take some time. I had several interviews over the phone, and one in person in NYC. The one thing that kept me going was when they made it clear that I was a strong applicant.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with myself and 4 other staff in different time zones. Questions followed behavioural interviewing style, and interviewees were also asked to provide a 5 minute presentation on an online information tool of their choice.
    The interview itself was fairly straightforward but after 4 weeks of no response I had to enquire about the search committee's decision, the HR rep then advised me they had selected another candidate.
    When I enquired if it was normal practice not to notify unsuccessful candidates of hiring decisions the HR rep did not respond.
    I found their behaviour very unprofessional and lacking in transparency, and probably reflective overall of poor communication practices within the organisation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview with PC recruiter in DC. Total interview time was about 45 min and half of the interview was conducted in Spanish as this was a requirement of the opening. I ended up not receiving the offer because they do not allow spouses to travel with the volunteer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict at the workplace and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Youth Development Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process took quite a long time - from the time I applied to the time I left for Peace Corps it was about 2 years. However, they have changed the process since then & I believe it is much faster now. The recruiter was friendly & it was over all a good experience.