Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

184 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

The process overall took 9 months from the submission of application, to interview, to medical clearance, to receiving an offer. My interview took place with a recruiter at the regional office in New York.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with tutoring (after selected for Education sector).   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

The interview was conducted over Skype for Business. The application process was very long, I would recommend starting ASAP, but not too long before your desired date of departure because the application will get deleted. I received an email poll of the times I was available to interview, and this was the time my Skype interview was held. I had an issue with the video, but was able to communicate easily with my Site Coordinator to fix this issue and go along with the interview. The interview was a long about 60 minute interview. I was asked to elaborate on my answers for almost ever question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed?
      Why do you think you failed?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

For the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity. I was emailed after I sent in a cover letter to come in for an interview. Two people interviewed me, but only one asked the questions. Not totally formal, but not completely informal either.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe diversity to a group of kindergartners?   Answer Question

Secondary English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was pleasant, I spoke with my interviewer on skype for about two hours between her asking me questions and me asking her questions about her specific experience in the job.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

We met at a cafe. The interviewer asked me scripted questions and recorded my responses. It was not incredibly formal or stressful, but they do expect you to dress professionally (minimum business casual).

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It began with pretty straight forward questions but later in the interview some of the questions sounded like trick questions. Basically I was told that I was borderline qualified which made no sense to me. I was told not to get discouraged because I was a perfect fit and that an additional essay question would be sent by email to determine my Spanish writing ability but that email never arrived.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was done via video conference (although the video didn't end up working) and was pretty straightforward. It took about 2 hours total but that included me asking questions as well. The interviewer asked the six questions based on the topics listed in his email - no surprises there. That made it very easy to prepare!

Be ready to discuss how you feel about the key challenges PCVs face and any concerns you have about them (i.e. isolation, loneliness, diet, etc). I would also be sure to prepare questions ahead of time about the role, the interviewer's own background, etc. to express your true interest in the role.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience you had transferring knowledge or skills to another person. What did you learn from that experience, and how are you applying those lessons today?   Answer Question

Business Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a Skype interview. The audio/video quality ended up being bad, so the interviewer changed the interview to a phone interview. It lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral interview questions. Have a compelling answer prepared for why you want to work for the Peace Corps. They might also ask you what about the country/region interests you, so be sure to do your research.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview at the nearest PC office. I drove there and met with my recruiter for about an hour. Later, I got the general acceptance, and then a phone call to tell me where I would be going (at the time, I couldn't apply to a specific country or program).

Interview Questions

• Could I live separated from other Americans, or at least a long distance from them, for 2 years.   1 Answer

Youth Dev Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

Extensive. There were often points where I forgot I had applied. Like many federal jobs, this one take some time. I had several interviews over the phone, and one in person in NYC. The one thing that kept me going was when they made it clear that I was a strong applicant.