Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through university career center for a FWS job, got an email from the peace corps for a phone interview, emailed acceptance. they asked "what is one of your weaknesses, relationship with superiors (since I was a freshmen and had no official job experience yet probably), what makes you unique

Interview Questions

Negotiation

veyr flexible with my hours

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Interview was long and had a lot of hard questions. Prepare by going over what you want to tell the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a rule that you disagreed with. What did you do about it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable. Every volunteer in the country gets the same salary. You're given a country and if you decline, you might not get another offer.

Interview

Some people are interviewed over the phone I was interviewed in person. Peace corps has a long application but it has changed since I did it. The interview process is simple, they ask questions to see if you are the type of person that would last in a demanding and foreign environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people who discriminated against you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't one, you signed up to basically work for free. Hope you like it!

OMS Interview

Interview

Very thorough. Background check required

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

First, you must fill out a rather lengthy application. Once that is approved, you must have a background check, and then a medical check. The medical check is meant to ensure that you are healthy enough to serve for 27 months in a rural area with limited access to medical care. You will have an in-person interview, during which the interviewer must read questions from a script and he/she must write your answers down verbatim (this can be a bit awkward as they scribble away). Later, you will have a phone interview or two. Finally, you will receive your invitation to serve along with information about your program (English education, health education, small business development, etc) and your country of service. The whole process usually takes about a year.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle sexual harassment?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

The point of the interview process is to make sure that you are going to be able to excel for 2 years of service. This means if you can be a self starter, be away from friends and family and find happiness, and if you can be culturally sensitive and accepting. Don't try and work the system, because all the people that leave service are because of these reasons, be honest with the situation, and if you are a good fit, congrats! If not, there are plenty other service opportunities that aren't as intense a commitment, not everyone is meant to be a Peace Corps volunteer, and the investment is in training, so they are trying to find those that have that special something before the investment.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Transparent and well organized. Reference from DOS very useful- I worked as locum tenens doctor at the US Embassy. Had several visits at the clinic I worked from DOS, area PCMO from Senegal, PC NP from local post. The whole process was compressed in 3 days but spread out over a period of more than 6 months.

Interview Questions

• About past medical procedures.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief, salary had fixed rates, benefits on the other hand where flexible.

Interview

Very Standard
    interviewed was reading right from a list of questions and typing my answers as I went - which was very distracting at times
    It took about 4 months from the time my application was submitted to when I was finally interviewed

Interview Questions

• Most stressed period in your life and how you coped with it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Basic standard questions about past international experiences, educational background, interpersonal skills, and scenarios you would encounter at your site. Very much a conversation and the recruiter does a great job easing you into the convo.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with conflicts that may arise in your organization i.e. witnessing corruption or theft within the staff?   Answer Question

Interview

Submit an application and go through a long and tedious interview and placement process. Hope and pray that you pass the medical tests and 6 months to years later you may actually be sent an invitation to serve

Negotiation

Nonexistent