Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

I heard back from them after completing the application process in about a month. After finally scoring an interview that I thought went well had to wait months to be told that there is applicants more qualified than myself. When I had to fill out paperwork for a MIP from years ago they asked questions that made it feel like I was a drug addict.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in December 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up interview, made it for two weeks later. Interviewer called and explained how it would. She proceeded to ask multiple questions and the whole thing lasted around one hour.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in September 2015.

Interview

Quick, mostly painless, but very formulaic and structured. My interview was conducted remotely, as I believe all of them now are. It was difficult to determine whether an answer was positive or negative, as interviewers are clearly well-trained to avoid giving much feedback during the process. The lack of follow-up is frustrating but understandable due to the volume of applicants PC is dealing with at this time.

Interview Questions

• General Qs about cultural adaptability, teaching/volunteer experiences   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with a returned Peace Corps volunteer from the country and sector I was being considered for. Basically the interview was broken up into several parts: questions on why I wanted to join Peace Corps, questions about how I handled certain situations, and discussing common issues many volunteers faced while serving. My interviewer was very friendly and informative on any questions I had. At some points, the interview felt very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to fulfill an important obligation but it ended up being harder than you thought.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps in January 2017.

Interview

It consisted of two interviewers asking the typical interview questions, hr assistant and executive assistant, both very friendly and pleasant, this was not a behavioral interview , pleasant experience overall

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself
      Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Environmental Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2016.

Interview

Woman who conducted the interview via Skype seemed very uninterested in the interview- read a list of questions, wrote down my answers, no conversation whatsoever. Questions were standard Peace Corps interview questions.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Denver, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

I attended an end of the year job fair at my school. My skillset is rather specific and I am going into a nontraditional industry for people with my degree. The recruiter that I spoke to was very excited about my resume and immediately wanted to interview me that afternoon. This was despite the fact that his was one of the few tables that specifically stated that they were not interviewing.

The interview went well and turned immediately into a conversation about life rather than a formal interview. Unfortunately, after an hour, we were interrupted by someone that we had gone overtime and the room was needed.

The position is setting up the marketing department at a midsized company. When we were interrupted, it became apparent that the role is a temporary issue and that the company doesn't have a set career plan for the position.

2 weeks later, I interviewed with the CEO over the phone and it also turned into a conversation. Some of my questions about the position were clarified and I was asked to turn in writing samples on the spot (without warning).

3 weeks later, the CEO contacted me to interview with the Sales Director in person on the same day. This interview was a bit more awkward since neither of us knew what we were going to talk about and the Director didn't have my resume or know about me.

2 weeks have passed and I followed up on the position. They responded that they have been too busy to make a decision or review my materials.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see our product as being specifically applicable to other industries?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

Inefficient interview process, difficult to submit requested additional information due to government bureaucracy.

Program Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a one time panel interview with three interviewers. Standard interview questions (tell us about yourself, describe a time when you provided customer service over the phone, describe data entry experience), then we did a role play. For the role play they gave specific company policy quickly and the interviewee had to role play a helpful employee discussing a policy with an irritated customer. After that, there was an editing quiz. The interviewee had to find all of the mistakes on a sheet of paper, and then present the mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict at work, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conakry (Guinea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Conakry (Guinea)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the advertisement that I got on Guinea Conakry USA ambassy web side. Then they call me after 10 days to inform me about my interview. I attended in person the interview with a group of five people.

Interview Questions

• Describe an accomplishment from your last job/ Why are you looking for a new
      opportunity?   1 Answer