Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Dr. Susan Henderson for a practicum for my MPH program. We had confirm the time through email. She called me ontime and we had discussed about both of our needs. She had worked with practicum intern before and was well aware of the procedure, which benefitted both of us. I built a codebook for them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions regarding differernt disease conditions, codebook.   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It began with pretty straight forward questions but later in the interview some of the questions sounded like trick questions. Basically I was told that I was borderline qualified which made no sense to me. I was told not to get discouraged because I was a perfect fit and that an additional essay question would be sent by email to determine my Spanish writing ability but that email never arrived.

Youth and Development Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview is lengthy. It takes over an hour. It is a casual conversation, but be prepared with examples of when you have displayed skills or knowledge valued in a PCV. Be sure to draw from diverse expereinces. For example, do not just talk about one job you've had, but include volunteer experience, other jobs, student groups, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were a leader.
      When have you worked with a team?
      Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with desk officer. Then you're good to go. Just be sure to know why you're doing the Corps. It's easy if you're the type of person who's applying to peace corps.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with cross cultural exchange?   1 Answer

Youth Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Savannah, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was so so. I felt confident throughout the interview. I gave good examples. My interview was a little over an hour. I didn't feel confident about my interview because the placement didn't seem to click with me. He didn't laugh at my jokes. I got an invitation roughly 20 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How will you prepare to serve for 27 months? Give an example of a difficult time. How did you handle it! What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

It's an hour long process, but it's not the typical interview questions. They'll ask you a lot about why you want to join and your background. A big point they will focus on is whether you are committed to 2 years and if you are going to possibly not fulfill your 2 years. That is something they don't want, to accept being a volunteer, but then run back to America because you can't handle it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

We met at a cafe. The interviewer asked me scripted questions and recorded my responses. It was not incredibly formal or stressful, but they do expect you to dress professionally (minimum business casual).

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to live under conditions of hardship?   Answer Question

Community Economic Development Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

They are basically trying to filter out the applicants who are not fully committed to living abroad for two years. The questions often surround your ability to cope in stressful situations with or without typical coping mechanisms available in the states, your motivations for wanting to serve, and your physical and mental ability to handle it.

Interview Questions

• In the absence of your typical coping mechanisms, how will you handle being overwhelmed or stressed in a foreign country? Consider not having access to internet, family members, or friends.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application online and hear back within a few weeks for an interview. I was contacted directly by the recruiter, Shannon. The interview itself lasted about an hour. I was accepted to continue with the placement process by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you took a leadership position.   Answer Question
    • Q: Are you willing to adapt your physical appearance or behavior according to the norms of your host country?   Answer Question
    • Q: What are your normal outlets for dealing with stress? How do you think you'll react and adapt when your normal outlets are not available to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

It took over a year to be given my placement, the application process has changed since I've applied. Its been a long time since i applied so it's hard to remember the entire process. There were many steps to the paper part of the application, then i had an in-person interview. I received a nomination for the "Pacific" region a few weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• questions about adapting to different cultures. Questions about experience teaching   Answer Question