Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Environmental Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2016.

Interview

Woman who conducted the interview via Skype seemed very uninterested in the interview- read a list of questions, wrote down my answers, no conversation whatsoever. Questions were standard Peace Corps interview questions.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps in January 2017.

Interview

It consisted of two interviewers asking the typical interview questions, hr assistant and executive assistant, both very friendly and pleasant, this was not a behavioral interview , pleasant experience overall

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself
      Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Secondary English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was pleasant, I spoke with my interviewer on skype for about two hours between her asking me questions and me asking her questions about her specific experience in the job.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It began with pretty straight forward questions but later in the interview some of the questions sounded like trick questions. Basically I was told that I was borderline qualified which made no sense to me. I was told not to get discouraged because I was a perfect fit and that an additional essay question would be sent by email to determine my Spanish writing ability but that email never arrived.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview with PC recruiter in DC. Total interview time was about 45 min and half of the interview was conducted in Spanish as this was a requirement of the opening. I ended up not receiving the offer because they do not allow spouses to travel with the volunteer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict at the workplace and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Literacy Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Online interview with a little flexibility as to when it would occur. I was given a link to open slots and chose the one (within a to-week window) that worked for me.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with being isolated and away from your loved ones for so long?   Answer Question

Business Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a Skype interview. The audio/video quality ended up being bad, so the interviewer changed the interview to a phone interview. It lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic behavioral interview questions. Have a compelling answer prepared for why you want to work for the Peace Corps. They might also ask you what about the country/region interests you, so be sure to do your research.   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with myself and 4 other staff in different time zones. Questions followed behavioural interviewing style, and interviewees were also asked to provide a 5 minute presentation on an online information tool of their choice.
    The interview itself was fairly straightforward but after 4 weeks of no response I had to enquire about the search committee's decision, the HR rep then advised me they had selected another candidate.
    When I enquired if it was normal practice not to notify unsuccessful candidates of hiring decisions the HR rep did not respond.
    I found their behaviour very unprofessional and lacking in transparency, and probably reflective overall of poor communication practices within the organisation.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in December 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up interview, made it for two weeks later. Interviewer called and explained how it would. She proceeded to ask multiple questions and the whole thing lasted around one hour.

Pcmo - Caribbean Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Expert went to 4 interviews for a tie break. Medical knowledge test, phone then panel, when didn't get job told very clearly why not in straightforward transparent way . Good interview team, knew their stuff and what they wanted, very mindful of 'the system'. Not intimidating, multiracial and national group and peppered with previous volunteers. Approx US 50000 to 80000 was base salary - about what pc nurses earn in the US

Interview Questions

• What was my opinion of alternative medicine was the deal breaker ...   1 Answer