Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

187 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The recruiter was friendly. It was almost like a conversation of what I could bring to the table, with a few standard questions. I was told I was accepted for the position pending background check pretty soon after the interview (less than a week).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Peace Corps? How do you adapt in difficult situations (living conditions...)? How do your skills apply to the position?   Answer Question

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Peace Corps (East Lansing, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at the university in which the Peace Corps recruiting office is located. I interviewed with the director of the university department and a current Peace Corps Recruiter with whom I would be working. The interview was short and focused on my availability for the upcoming academic year. The few questions the interviewers asked centered around my own Peace Corps experience, how well I work with students, and how I will promote the Peace Corps to students.

Interview Questions

• What will you tell students who are interested in service but don't think it's necessary to leave the country to serve others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

My recruiter did my interview. She was thorough in both assessing if I'd be a good fit and telling me the ins and outs of the job. She was a big reason I took the job.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

The process overall took 9 months from the submission of application, to interview, to medical clearance, to receiving an offer. My interview took place with a recruiter at the regional office in New York.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with tutoring (after selected for Education sector).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

2 hour long Skype interview with several sections of questions and time to ask questions of your own. Once completed, medical and legal clearance must be fulfilled in order for an invitation to be granted.

Environmental Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2016.

Interview

Woman who conducted the interview via Skype seemed very uninterested in the interview- read a list of questions, wrote down my answers, no conversation whatsoever. Questions were standard Peace Corps interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

For the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity. I was emailed after I sent in a cover letter to come in for an interview. Two people interviewed me, but only one asked the questions. Not totally formal, but not completely informal either.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe diversity to a group of kindergartners?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in April 2014.

Interview

After submitting an application, you will be contacted for an interview. My interview was approximately 60 minutes long. You will be informed shortly after the interview if you've been cleared to the next step of program placement.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you worked with people of a culture or background different from your own.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Easy, in person interview about 2 hours. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• If you are going to make me type something, this is what I'm typing. I don't remember the interview questions, alright?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I went to the main office in DC to have my interview. My interviewer wrote down everything I said- which was slightly disconcerting and distracting when he would stop writing, like what I was saying at the time wasn't important enough to write down. But it was fine and comfortable and I eventually got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you manage living and working in another country?   Answer Question