Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

Interview

Hiring and interviewing with the Peace Corps is rather long and arduous, although, recently the organization has implemented a new format in hopes to streamline and expedite the overall process. I, however, cannot speak to the new procedures. Essentially begins with filling out a lot of information online (nothing new here), there is an initial interview that is very basic, more of an informal discussion to get to know you and how prepared you may be to live abroad in a foreign setting. There will be an additional interview, medical check-up, FBI background check...essentially, you must really want to be a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, the interview was very straight forward. Most questions were centered around leaving your home and living in a foreign country.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you accept all presented terms or you decline.

Interview

online application, interview with recruiter who nominates you, extensive medical process, after completion you will get a invitation to a country. (this process has recently changed, you also now get to chose possible countries you want to go to)

Interview Questions

• What is a cultural difference you've experienced while living in the States?   Answer Question

Interview

Hiring is now easier than ever, you get to choose where you want to serve (it you are qualified enough). Interviewing is pretty straightforward, although they WILL ask personal questions, such as, what will you and your significant other do when you go to the Peace Corps?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Was very laborious when I applied in 2007, but now it is automated and waaaaaaay easier. I believe now you can select where you want to serve and what type of project you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of personal questions - relationship, drug/alcohol use, etc.   Answer Question

Ced Interview

Interview

There was two phone interviews and a language interview. The first interview was mostly to see your commitment to the organization and why you applied. The second interview is more about your technical skills and talking about the area you want to work in. The language interview happens after you get into the Peace Corps but it is good know to prepare before hand

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to the Peace Corps?   1 Answer

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

I heard back from them after completing the application process in about a month. After finally scoring an interview that I thought went well had to wait months to be told that there is applicants more qualified than myself. When I had to fill out paperwork for a MIP from years ago they asked questions that made it feel like I was a drug addict.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in December 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up interview, made it for two weeks later. Interviewer called and explained how it would. She proceeded to ask multiple questions and the whole thing lasted around one hour.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peace Corps in March 2010.

Interview

The 1 on 1 interview consisted of a series of questions such as "Are you willing to suffer a lot in a foreign country?". I said "yes". This went on for a while. I was assigned a sector in a highly arbitrary way, asked in which general region I would rather live, and 2 years of my future were sealed with a split second decision by my interviewer. He also spent the entire interview typing what I was saying verbatim, which I found highly disconcerting.

Interview Questions

• "Will you be able to handle living in a foreign country, sacrificing your favorite foods, friends, and modern conveniences?"   1 Answer
    • Do you speak any foreign languages?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conakry (Guinea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Conakry (Guinea)) in April 2008.

Interview

Very long process; takes at least 4 months.

Interview Questions

• You can find all of the questions online; nothing is unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation; you take it or leave it: no choice about where you go, either.

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

I applied online, received a packet of info to fill out. Completed this over a long time frame (medical evaluations). Called in for interview and told I was in before it was over