Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

Volunter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I actually met with a recruiter during a career fair and informed her that I had already applied and just wanted to say hello. It was just my luck that the recruiter had read my application that morning. We casually discussed my motivation to join the Peace Corps and my background working with refugees in the Boston area. When my actual interview came around, it was very relaxed since the recruiter had pretty much already made up her mind about me getting in and just had to input my answers into the system for me to be formally put under consideration. Once put under consideration basically you just need to have a clean background and pass all the medical checks to be formally invited (aka offered a position as a volunteer).

Interview Questions

• How do you manage stress or your own mental health?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any relationships or obligations in the US that will impact your work as a volunteer   1 Answer

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (UC Berkeley, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It has changed since I interviewed, but I did a phone interview, a lot of people do in person. It wasn't too difficult but it was a long process and it depends on each individual situation and if you cant pass background or medical checks

Interview Questions

• Motivation to join Peace Corps   1 Answer

Medical Records Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was not intimidating at all. It was like any other interview that you had when you applied for a job. A stream of questions, the type of skills, and your ability to do the job on an everyday basis or if you have a deadline.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in March 2014.

Interview

A very casual interview more like a conversation between the recruiter and myself. Met on my college campus and talked over a cup of coffee. I had met the recruiter a few times before so he was aware of my interest in joining the Peace Corps.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to serve any where in the world?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2017.

Interview

Streamlined and efficient process. After submitting my application I was quickly notified whether I was under consideration and for what country and role they were considering me. I was then contacted to schedule a skype interview. Quickly responding to this email gave me more date and time options. The skype interview ended up being audio only because a quirk of my computer, however my interviewer was kind and accommodating about the fact. At the end of the interview, I was told to make sure that I contacted to my references to verify that they had received an email about writing a recommendation letter. This was an important step because the Peace Corps uses an automatic email system that sometimes gets sent directly to spam.

Interview Questions

• My interview was focused on my experiences with education as I had applied the round before and they had my responses on file for the more behavioral questions. An example question: "What is your teaching philosophy"/"How would you handle a group of 30-40 students?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Remote, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview (via video call) lasted 1.5 hours. Prior to the interview, the interviewer sent a list of topics that would likely be covered. Be prepared for the questions to be very personal and direct.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a significant other? How do they feel about the 27 month commitment?   Answer Question

PCV Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2017.

Interview

It was long, but they didn't deviate much from the prompts and questions they provided before the interview so It was pretty easy to prepare. Didn't hear back for about a month.

Interview Questions

• What is something you attempted to do and failed at? Why did you fail?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The recruiter was friendly. It was almost like a conversation of what I could bring to the table, with a few standard questions. I was told I was accepted for the position pending background check pretty soon after the interview (less than a week).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Peace Corps? How do you adapt in difficult situations (living conditions...)? How do your skills apply to the position?   Answer Question

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Peace Corps (East Lansing, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at the university in which the Peace Corps recruiting office is located. I interviewed with the director of the university department and a current Peace Corps Recruiter with whom I would be working. The interview was short and focused on my availability for the upcoming academic year. The few questions the interviewers asked centered around my own Peace Corps experience, how well I work with students, and how I will promote the Peace Corps to students.

Interview Questions

• What will you tell students who are interested in service but don't think it's necessary to leave the country to serve others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

My recruiter did my interview. She was thorough in both assessing if I'd be a good fit and telling me the ins and outs of the job. She was a big reason I took the job.