Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

The interview was conducted over Skype for Business. The application process was very long, I would recommend starting ASAP, but not too long before your desired date of departure because the application will get deleted. I received an email poll of the times I was available to interview, and this was the time my Skype interview was held. I had an issue with the video, but was able to communicate easily with my Site Coordinator to fix this issue and go along with the interview. The interview was a long about 60 minute interview. I was asked to elaborate on my answers for almost ever question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed?
      Why do you think you failed?
      1 Answer

Economic Development Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

After submitting your application, you will be put "under consideration" for a certain position and country. If they believe you are a good match, they will ask for an online interview. The interview is pretty standard and includes mostly behavioral questions. They also check to see how flexible you will be as a volunteer. The process takes a lot of time (from completion of application to interview = 3 months)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever broken a rule/law and why/what did learn from this?   Answer Question

Secondary English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was pleasant, I spoke with my interviewer on skype for about two hours between her asking me questions and me asking her questions about her specific experience in the job.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Dr. Susan Henderson for a practicum for my MPH program. We had confirm the time through email. She called me ontime and we had discussed about both of our needs. She had worked with practicum intern before and was well aware of the procedure, which benefitted both of us. I built a codebook for them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions regarding differernt disease conditions, codebook.   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It began with pretty straight forward questions but later in the interview some of the questions sounded like trick questions. Basically I was told that I was borderline qualified which made no sense to me. I was told not to get discouraged because I was a perfect fit and that an additional essay question would be sent by email to determine my Spanish writing ability but that email never arrived.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with desk officer. Then you're good to go. Just be sure to know why you're doing the Corps. It's easy if you're the type of person who's applying to peace corps.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with cross cultural exchange?   1 Answer

Youth Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Savannah, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was so so. I felt confident throughout the interview. I gave good examples. My interview was a little over an hour. I didn't feel confident about my interview because the placement didn't seem to click with me. He didn't laugh at my jokes. I got an invitation roughly 20 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How will you prepare to serve for 27 months? Give an example of a difficult time. How did you handle it! What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

It's an hour long process, but it's not the typical interview questions. They'll ask you a lot about why you want to join and your background. A big point they will focus on is whether you are committed to 2 years and if you are going to possibly not fulfill your 2 years. That is something they don't want, to accept being a volunteer, but then run back to America because you can't handle it.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application online and hear back within a few weeks for an interview. I was contacted directly by the recruiter, Shannon. The interview itself lasted about an hour. I was accepted to continue with the placement process by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you took a leadership position.   Answer Question
    • Q: Are you willing to adapt your physical appearance or behavior according to the norms of your host country?   Answer Question
    • Q: What are your normal outlets for dealing with stress? How do you think you'll react and adapt when your normal outlets are not available to you?   Answer Question

Education Volunteer Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got interviewed by a recruiter in September 2013. I would have been given an offer had it not been for an old medical issue. I got an official invitation on Feb 2014 for a program starting in July 2014.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to cope with being 'on-duty' for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?   Answer Question