Peace Corps Peace Corps Volunteer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Peace Corps Volunteer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Spokane, WA).

Interview

My recruiter literally walked through the questions listed on the Peace Corps Wiki website, word for word. Since I had found the list of questions prior to my interview, I was able to prepare adequately. I highly recommend everyone checking out this website in preparation for your Peace Corps interview. Also, it's a very good list to help you mentally prepare for your service. The full list of questions can be found on the Peace Corps Wiki site under Interview Questions.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time when you worked in an unstructured or ambiguous situation? How did you approach the task at hand? What did you learn about your personal strengths from that experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Peace Corps

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Standard interview process. However, due to the work and nature of the Peace Corps, I recommend describing your background in a way that presents you as worldly. This can be achieved through remarks about an experience in a culture different from your own, extensive traveling, or knowledge you have about another country--particularly those of the global South.

Interview Questions

• All questions are fairly straight forward. You won’t find any curveballs with PC.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in January 2015.

Interview

Online Application with a phone/skype interview a few months later. Peace Corps firsts screens you for a certain placement and you schedule your interview following that. Mainly it was a fit interview in making sure that they understood your motivation to join Peace Corps as well as your maturity on dealing with Peace Corps life. It was an hour long phone interview in which you talk to a Peace Corps recruiter regarding a specific placement.

Interview Questions

• One’s ability to work through and resolve differences or conflict is often tested in cross-cultural situations. Please tell me about a specific situation, one we haven’t already discussed, when you needed to work through a disagreement or difference of opinion. Were you able to reach a resolution? How, specifically, did you do that?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Intense. Starts with a written application. Some applicants get phone interviews. Then an in person interview while the interviewer writes every word you say (be prepared to dictate your thoughts.) Strict health review. If you're an interesting, healthy person you have nothing to worry about during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Peace Corps?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here's a contract. You game?

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Was very laborious when I applied in 2007, but now it is automated and waaaaaaay easier. I believe now you can select where you want to serve and what type of project you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of personal questions - relationship, drug/alcohol use, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with desk officer. Then you're good to go. Just be sure to know why you're doing the Corps. It's easy if you're the type of person who's applying to peace corps.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with cross cultural exchange?   1 Answer

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

online application, interview with recruiter who nominates you, extensive medical process, after completion you will get a invitation to a country. (this process has recently changed, you also now get to chose possible countries you want to go to)

Interview Questions

• What is a cultural difference you've experienced while living in the States?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunter Interview

Interview

Submit an application and go through a long and tedious interview and placement process. Hope and pray that you pass the medical tests and 6 months to years later you may actually be sent an invitation to serve

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

Very Standard
    interviewed was reading right from a list of questions and typing my answers as I went - which was very distracting at times
    It took about 4 months from the time my application was submitted to when I was finally interviewed

Interview Questions

• Most stressed period in your life and how you coped with it   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

I recommend starting the application process 6-12 months before you intend to serve. The process is lengthy due to the extensive medical and background check. Once you pass the medical/background portion you will be contacted for an interview. The interview is typically done in person, however, mine was done via Skype. My interview lasted 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your coping mechanisms?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel about living and working in a culture where men and women are not treated as equals?   Answer Question