Peace Corps Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It is a complicated application with many essays followed by an in person interview and finally you need to pass medical test which can be difficult.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience living or working with different cultures? Please describe. How do you handle conflict. Describe a time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

It was really pretty easy. They asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. If you show a real interest you will probably be chosen for this position.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to college   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Seattle, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview included lots of standard fit questions (tell me about yourself, why chose studies, etc.) but also lots of questions specific to the nature of the Peace Corps geared to assess your ability to adapt to a different culture and unstructured work environment. I had had lots of advice to try to submit my application at a specific time in order to get specific countries, and to be completely open to any work sector or region. I was very honest about what I wanted in terms of language and work sector, and also explained why I wanted those things (how they fit into my career path) and got assigned to the language/sector I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about modifying your appearance to fit into a culture?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel if placed in a culture where alcohol was forbidden? Consumed excessively?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Online application with recommendations and essays, in person interview with recruiter, nomination via phone, medical & background check, invitation

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.