Peace Corps Volunteer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

We met at a cafe. The interviewer asked me scripted questions and recorded my responses. It was not incredibly formal or stressful, but they do expect you to dress professionally (minimum business casual).

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to live under conditions of hardship?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Peace Corps

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps in December 2015.

Interview

Received email to set up interview, made it for two weeks later. Interviewer called and explained how it would. She proceeded to ask multiple questions and the whole thing lasted around one hour.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Dr. Susan Henderson for a practicum for my MPH program. We had confirm the time through email. She called me ontime and we had discussed about both of our needs. She had worked with practicum intern before and was well aware of the procedure, which benefitted both of us. I built a codebook for them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions regarding differernt disease conditions, codebook.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Interview process took about a year to complete, including over the phone talks and medical reviews. I would suggest working with the Peace Corps recruiter in your area to prepare as well as answer any questions you have about service and working with the Peace Corps.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

It started with an application. I received a call within a week from the recruitment office for an in person interview. It did take over a year to actually depart for the position I was hired for.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

It took over a year to be given my placement, the application process has changed since I've applied. Its been a long time since i applied so it's hard to remember the entire process. There were many steps to the paper part of the application, then i had an in-person interview. I received a nomination for the "Pacific" region a few weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• questions about adapting to different cultures. Questions about experience teaching   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied under the old application system, so it took well over a year for me to receive placement. The interview was pretty standard. One thing that I did not appreciate during the interview was that the interviewer had to take notes on the computer while we were talking, so s/he was very focused on that and barely made any eye contact with me during the interview. The entire process too 18 months, even though this form will only allow a maximum of 12 months.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions: Why am I interested in Peace Corps? How have I prepared for the experience of living and working abroad for 27 months? Strengths and weaknesses? How do I plan to cope with being abroad for such a long time? Questions about past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The initial application is kind of extensive. You have to go through background and medical checks and write a few essays, submit transcripts. You also may have several skype interviews with Peace Corps recruiters. Depending on how qualified they think you are this could only be one or several before you are given an invitation to work in a certain country and project.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a project you wanted to do wasn't supported by the community you are working with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (South Bend, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

It was very thorough. I was impressed. There were two in-person interviews, a phone interview, and I had to write an essay. It confirmed that the Peace Corps is doing its best to get good, committed people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

After completing an online application form, complete with essays and letters of recommendation, successful applicants will be contacted by a recruiter who will schedule an in-person interview. Should the recruiter approve the applicant, they will be nominated for a global region and sector. While awaiting an invitation to join a specific country and program as pertains to their nomination, the nominee must complete extensive medical examinations (for which they will be nominally reimbursed). Upon receiving an invitation, the nominee will have 10 days in which to decide whether or not they will accept.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced in your work life and the strategies you employed while striving to overcome it.   Answer Question