Peace Corps Volunteer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

My recruiter did my interview. She was thorough in both assessing if I'd be a good fit and telling me the ins and outs of the job. She was a big reason I took the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Peace Corps

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

2 hour long Skype interview with several sections of questions and time to ask questions of your own. Once completed, medical and legal clearance must be fulfilled in order for an invitation to be granted.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

It took over a year to be given my placement, the application process has changed since I've applied. Its been a long time since i applied so it's hard to remember the entire process. There were many steps to the paper part of the application, then i had an in-person interview. I received a nomination for the "Pacific" region a few weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• questions about adapting to different cultures. Questions about experience teaching   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (South Bend, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

It was very thorough. I was impressed. There were two in-person interviews, a phone interview, and I had to write an essay. It confirmed that the Peace Corps is doing its best to get good, committed people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Interview process took about a year to complete, including over the phone talks and medical reviews. I would suggest working with the Peace Corps recruiter in your area to prepare as well as answer any questions you have about service and working with the Peace Corps.

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Very long interview process. Phone interview, in person interview. Medical and dental evaluations and more phone interviews with headquarters. Application process took me two years from start to finish (placement notification).

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to change your physical appearance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was online through Skype with the interviewer being based in DC. Make sure you review your resume as anything you put on it is fair game, however, particularly review and be ready to talk about any of your experience that is relevant to the sector you are applying or is international. It lasted for about 2 hours. My overall experience of the interview was for them to gauge your intentions and verify your work experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain out of your peace corps experience?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Fill out online application, got placed under consideration for a county, interview requested,
    interview and finally got invited. Invitation was 6 months before scheduled date to leave. Received clearances 3-4 months before.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember--but we talked about adjusting to life and how to manage that.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2017.

Interview

Streamlined and efficient process. After submitting my application I was quickly notified whether I was under consideration and for what country and role they were considering me. I was then contacted to schedule a skype interview. Quickly responding to this email gave me more date and time options. The skype interview ended up being audio only because a quirk of my computer, however my interviewer was kind and accommodating about the fact. At the end of the interview, I was told to make sure that I contacted to my references to verify that they had received an email about writing a recommendation letter. This was an important step because the Peace Corps uses an automatic email system that sometimes gets sent directly to spam.

Interview Questions

• My interview was focused on my experiences with education as I had applied the round before and they had my responses on file for the more behavioral questions. An example question: "What is your teaching philosophy"/"How would you handle a group of 30-40 students?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Remote, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview (via video call) lasted 1.5 hours. Prior to the interview, the interviewer sent a list of topics that would likely be covered. Be prepared for the questions to be very personal and direct.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a significant other? How do they feel about the 27 month commitment?   Answer Question