Peak Enterprises Public Relations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Peak Enterprises

2.0

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Peak Enterprises (Norcross, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I read about the company on glassdoor, so I was skeptical going in, but let me tell you how much I underestimated this company's sleaziness.

I applied through a college recruiter for a public relations job that was listed as a 9-5, salaried job ranging from 35k-55k a year. Simple enough. With my resume and skills, I figured I could get them up to 40k-45k easy. I got a call later that afternoon asking me to come in and interview the following day. They had taken an "active interest" in me. I got to the swanky office full of young good looking people in nice suits bustling around and seemingly doing.... something? Maybe waiting to play pool on the random billiards table they had? I fill out an information sheet giving them all the info they already had on my resume.

Anyhoo, I then go into the interview with a manager (supposedly). The office we go into is bare. A single poster, two chairs and a desk. No computer. No filing cabinets. No phone. No papers. Not even a freaking lamp. Nothing. We talk for 15 minutes, enough for me to realize that I am not interviewing for a public relations position. They ask me to come in tomorrow for a followup where they will go over the details. At this point, I am losing interest but I figure it'll be good practice. So I come in and talk to some guy who's been there like 11 months. He tells me that I will be a door to door salesman, selling AT&T U-Verse products. He continues to run through the pay structure, showing me all these elaborate math problems that make it seem like great earning potential. Supposedly, they expect that you can go from entry level to managing your own office and making 90k-120k in 12 months. The whole business model is a giant pyramid scheme.

IMPORTANT: Are you applying for an HR Rep position? A management trainee? A customer relations position? Guess what!!! No you're not! EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE COMPANY STARTS AS A SALESMAN DOOR TO DOOR. All of them. None of those jobs I mentioned even exist. But by golly are there job postings about them. It's all dishonest. It's all a sham. I felt like I had to shower afterwards. It's a huge bait-and-switch campaign. I have a college degree and 2 years of professional work experience. I was overqualified for the first three phases of promotion they offer. There are not benefits. No salary. They literally pay you nothing. You are free labor. You pay for your own gas to drive to their locations to sell the product. This is why they are always hiring. This is why they will take ANYBODY. It costs them nothing to have you, and you are a slave. Also, you work 6 days a week for 50 hours, but only like 36 of that is out selling product. So the time you spend in the office you are not earning commission, AND not being paid.

DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SMOOTH TALKING SALES PITCH LINES. Run away from this company. Don't let them get into your head.

On the bright side, it seems they only hire semi-attractive people, so when they offered me a position it was a nice confidence booster.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are better suited to this job than other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Peak Enterprises

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peak Enterprises (Sandy Springs, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview did not go as expected. he job postings are often misleading. The position that was described online was for a marketing/pr related role. During the interview, I found out that this was actually a door to door sales related position.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your career? What sports do you play?   Answer Question