Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard.

Interview

Interviewer described the position and benefits of working at PHNSY and IMF and that I would rise quickly. The pay grade scale was also described and what grade I would start at.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Nuclear Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic questions about why you chose engineering and your hobbies/interests. Interview was more constructed about getting to know who you are and seeing what if you know what exactly the shipyard work-life is like.

Apprenticeship Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in July 2016.

Interview

Application process is long. Applied in Jan. Took written test in February. Was contacted for interview in June. Interview was done before a panel of four interviewers. Each person asked a question. Panel were very easy going and friendly. Won't know the outcome until September/October.

Electronics Mechanic (Shop 67) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

A panel of five board members sit on one end of the table, and you on another. They ask you questions about your skills, interests, and upbringing. They are not challenging, but very friendly and inquisitive. These people want to know who you are as a person. Skills and knowledge is one thing, but how well you will be able to work with others is much more valued here. They also want to see if you have the ability to handle a challenging work environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you define success?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Physical Science Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard (Honolulu, HI) in January 2015.

Interview

Questioned me about previous work experience and what my current job duties entailed (at the time). I was interviewed by the division head via phone. He was a very laid back guy who gave a brief description of the background of the job which was very enlightening and encouraged me to ask additional questions in addition to standard interview questions. The interview was very positive and I was comfortable being myself.

Interview Questions

• What does working as a federal civilian employee mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations needed, nor did any negotiations take place.

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard (Honolulu, HI) in January 2014.

Interview

I received 1 in-person interview in front of two recruiters on campus. This was followed by two phone interviews to discuss the details of the specific position applied to. The questions were pretty casual. It seemed they were more interested in finding out whether or not I knew what I was getting myself into.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard.

Interview

I was in the military so none of this applies. No interview was conducted.

Apprentice Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard (Honolulu, HI) in June 2012.

Interview

questions from a 6 person panel regarding work ethics and personal skillsets. Questions about embracing technology and movement. When I replied that I was old school, the reaction was negative. I explained that I made that remark to reflect my work ethic, "I'm not a clock watcher, I'm half and hour early rather than 5 minutes late" I think they took it the wrong way, like I was resistant th progress.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation I ever faced in the workplace.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in November 2009.

Interview

I signed up for the interview on my college's website. The recruiter for this job said that they usually only recruit people from Hawai'i, but go out of state if they have jobs to fill.

The interview as a whole was pretty straightforward. He cared more about my ability as a thinker than anything on my resume. My interviewer was very nice and I felt very comfortable with him.

Interview Questions

Wanted to go to grad school