Pearson Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Account Executive Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Two phone interviews with my direct report. Then an in-person interview with them which involved me driving 2.5 hours to get to. It was worth it. I then moved on to the next round where I flew from Philadelphia to Dallas to meet with a regional manager, hopped back on a plane to Phoenix to meet with HR and the national sales manager. It was a whirlwind experience but I think they wanted to see how people would handle the travel and having appointments.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle hearing "No".
    How would you handle yourself in the following situation.
    Name one time where you thought you had a sale and it didn't happen. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I was called about the position and if I was interested. I was later called back to be told the job was filled. I was called a few weeks later to learn the last person wasn't the right fit for the company. I went through two rounds of phone interviews, an in-person interview with the direct report and then two flights - one to Dallas with a regional manager and then out to Arizona to interview with HR and the national sales manager. It was a whirlwind experience but I think my ability to make all the appointments/interviews showed them I was a viable candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? How have you handled "No" from customers?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I endured a long interview process at Pearson. Things began with a 15-minute phone interview with the district manager, who asked me to come meet with him in person the following day. In that second interview, we walked through my resume and I shared more about my work experience and background with him. He pressed me on why I wanted to go into sales, which I hadn't been involved in before.

That night, the manager emailed me to ask me to meet with a VP the following day. So in round three, I met with the VP and manager together, and the interview consisted of a lot of softball questions - tell me about a time when... how would you handle... etc. Because the manager liked me, it seemed that the VP was receptive to my candidacy as well.

The next week, I was asked to meet with the current AE, and she and I got along very well. Rather than a formal interview, we met at a restaurant and had a conversation in which she gave me tips about how to do the job well and what she had learned doing it over the last decade. She told me that I was her top pick for the job and gave me a positive review.

The manager called and told me to sharpen my sales knowledge. He told me to read two books, which I did in detail, and to create plans for the way I would tackle the sales territory. Not knowing how or when this would be needed, I put in several days of intense work to prepare.

Finally, later that week, I was asked to participate in a 30-minute phone interview with HR. This was the most confusing part. I had no idea why I would need to run through my resume with HR when I'd already done so with the manager and VP. The person conducting the interview was hard to read over the phone.

After a week of not hearing back from anyone at Pearson, I was asked to attend an industry event as the probable new AE. Told I was the "lead candidate," I did so, shook a lot of hands, and smiled as wide as I could. Imagine my disappointment upon hearing that the position was filled by an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were either about my past positions and the information I had provided on my resume, or behavioral questions.

Tell me about a time when you worked on a team.
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, and how you fixed it.
      Why do you want to work at Pearson?
      Why do you want to work in sales?
      What qualities do you possess that would make you strong in sales?
      What sales-related experience do you have?
      What do you know about Title I funding?
      If you were trying to see a school principal who refused, how would you do it anyway?   Answer Question