Pearson Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very nice conversation first with future manager then with coworkers. I had a chance to meet everybody (about 5 people) in one day. Decision was made next day, which also is very nice.

Product Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth but I don't think it was the right fit. I went through a phone screen, take-home exercise, 3 interviews via phone. Was sent an email afterwards that I did not get the position. Everyone was perfectly nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any unexpected questions, they were all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

I started at the company as a temporary employee that was recommended by someone on staff there so I only had a telephone interview. When I was being offered a staff position I had a face to face interview with management.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about my prior experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Field Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview followed by an on site interview the following week. The on site interview was about 4 hours long, where I spoke with about seven different people both on the phone and in person. Each person I interviewed with went over the job description and asked me pretty much the same questions (kind of redundant). After following up twice with them, I still never heard back from anyone with a decision.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

3 interviews via phone then two in person. Managers seemed scattered and weren't on the same page with each other. Seemed distracted. Sales turn over described as high. Openings every six to eight months

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got the call from HR two weeks after applied. She barely asked me anything, just like "how is your job searching?""Are you still available". Then she told me to be onsite the next week. The onsite interview lasted 30 minutes, two managers asked me about some basic Java, SQL questions. The whole process was smooth and comfortable.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Fair and methodical

Interview Questions

• Name a movie that describes your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

again fair. I want to work for Pearson.

Media Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The VP will talk to you first and introduce you the position situation, then you will talk to 2 other managers and 1 trainer. It takes around 3 hours. The position is a contract one last around 6 months. The longest you can work there as a contractor before turning into a full time is 2 years...

Interview Questions

• This position is not very much related to media, and it needs you to learn many new things. All the things you learn here may hardly be used to other positions in other companies. Do you think it's OK for you?   1 Answer

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Brief proofreading test, but because everything is digital there was no need for knowledge of proofreader marks. Interview was brief as candidates were already vetted through a temp agency. The interview took place where the other proofreaders worked so there was slight discomfort in disturbing the workers and being eavesdropped on.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach editing something that you do not believe in (mostly relating to religious texts, which I did not encounter during my time there).   Answer Question

Test Administrator(Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had two interviews. One phone interview with a nice lady on the phone. Other one in person in a waiting room. All the questions were very behavioral. After the interview process was over, they found me overqualified and chose another candidate over me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work part-time as opposed to full-time? Why do you want to do this job with your current qualifications?   1 Answer