Pearson Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through a contracting company. Called for in-person interview. After completing the first interview, called for second followup interview. And offered position after the second interview. Whole process was good and took only a week

Portfolio Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by an HR representative requesting a phone interview. The interview seemed to go well and she told me that she would be in contact with me again in the near future to set up a follow up interview with a hiring manager, but I was never contacted again and the subsequent emails that I sent went unanswered.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you have faced at your current job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process took place over several sessions. First, a screening by HR. Second, about two weeks later with the director of the group I was interviewing with, a manager, and a program lead. This was about two hours altogether, very relaxed but intensive with a lot of attention placed on how I felt I could innovate the department. Third, about a month later I talked with just the manager I ended up reporting to who had more job description information and was selecting between three final applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you could adapt your current experience at X to this position and what new perspective do you think it would provide our group to improve on what we deliver to our customers?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very nice conversation first with future manager then with coworkers. I had a chance to meet everybody (about 5 people) in one day. Decision was made next day, which also is very nice.

Product Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth but I don't think it was the right fit. I went through a phone screen, take-home exercise, 3 interviews via phone. Was sent an email afterwards that I did not get the position. Everyone was perfectly nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any unexpected questions, they were all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

I started at the company as a temporary employee that was recommended by someone on staff there so I only had a telephone interview. When I was being offered a staff position I had a face to face interview with management.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about my prior experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Field Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview followed by an on site interview the following week. The on site interview was about 4 hours long, where I spoke with about seven different people both on the phone and in person. Each person I interviewed with went over the job description and asked me pretty much the same questions (kind of redundant). After following up twice with them, I still never heard back from anyone with a decision.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

3 interviews via phone then two in person. Managers seemed scattered and weren't on the same page with each other. Seemed distracted. Sales turn over described as high. Openings every six to eight months

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got the call from HR two weeks after applied. She barely asked me anything, just like "how is your job searching?""Are you still available". Then she told me to be onsite the next week. The onsite interview lasted 30 minutes, two managers asked me about some basic Java, SQL questions. The whole process was smooth and comfortable.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Fair and methodical

Interview Questions

• Name a movie that describes your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

again fair. I want to work for Pearson.