Pearson Editorial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Editorial Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Everything seemed very organized and not at all intimidating. I had 3 interviews in person, one after the other, and did not have to wait terribly long for any of them. The questions were a bit generic but the interviewers seemed very sincere. One of the people who interviewed me was such a pleasure to talk to and was very encouraging of my career overall. He gave some great insight into what the role was and what it could transition into.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the most challenging part of this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very drawn out. I talked with someone in HR and then scheduled an interview in 2 weeks. Once I went in I spent an hour and a half talking with them, and after the interview they never contacted me with any sort of decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Pearson's representation in the media?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I interviewed with the Editorial Assistant currently in the role, the project/program managers on the team, and the editors I'd support. I had to come in to the office for the interview. The process took about 3 hours as there were quite a number of people I met that day.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who'd seen my resume floating around and she connected me with the Editor I came to work for. The interviewing process was seamless--they were both very impressed with previous editorial experience. The editor was unexpectedly enthusiastic about previous sales experience, as he felt EAs should transition into sales positions.

Interview Questions

• The editor I interviewed with was very interested in previous sales experience, almost trying to sell me on a Sales career before I entered Editorial.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little wiggle room as far as compensation packages go.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ).

Interview

It was a long drawn-out process, mainly because the HR recruiter told me to apply for a position for which I was overqualified. Eventually everything worked out, but the process would have been a lot shorter had I been able to apply directly to the position myself (and there were several options within different lists). The HR recruiter was great at following up when initiating the interview process, but failed to follow up after the interview had taken place.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Glenview, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Recruiter sets up interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not feel I was able to negotiate because I was interviewing for two positions.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

First I had a phone screen interview with an HR rep. Then I interviewed in person with the HR rep, the hiring manager, and one of the admin coordinators.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people in person over a period of 2 hours. Very easy interview process - all questions were typical interview questions so there were no surprises. Most people just wanted to chat. A successful interview doesn't take more than being friendly, easy going, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - you must accept the awful salary. This is difficult for a recent college graduate because you have to get a job and it would be stupid to turn one down despite the fact that you'll never be able to support yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

I phone interviewed with the editor I would be directly working for. Then was interviewed in person by the editor. Then interviewed with the vice president (that was mostly an informational meeting). The one that mattered was the editor, and I think it was mostly to see if there was a match in personality. Every editor seemed to have their own way of choosing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. The pay for this position is set and there isn't room for negotiation.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson in June 2012.

Interview

Pearson's online careers page is easy to navigate. It allows you to import your information straight from LinkedIn or upload a resume. I applied for many positions but only heard back about one of them. I did not receive emails or phone calls acknowledging my other applications. I did, however, receive weekly updates about new positions available.

As far as hiring processes go for my internship, I had it fairly easy. I received an email requesting a time for a phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 30-minutes. Two days after the phone interview, I received one email asking me to complete an online application that was more detailed than the original. The next day I received another email asking me to call Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time in your work history when you felt valued as an employee. Describe that situation.   1 Answer