Pearson Human Resources Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Human Resources Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone screen which felt very rushed. Recruiter made no effort to build a rapport or to sell the role. She opened by telling me that they had shortlisted loads of strong candidates already but wanted to make sure they had spoken to everyone before proceeding. Ironically she forgot that she had tried to call me 10 days before and had not then returned my call. After being asked to justify why I thought I was better than those candidates already shortlisted I was given some info about the role, told the salary was £10k less than I'm currently on (it didn't cross the recruiter'a mind that the salary therefore may be an issue) and then told i'd get a call back quickly if the hiring managers were interested, nothing if not. I have to say, the whole thing gave me the impression of an uninteresting role and organisation, arrogance, a feeling that people are treated like a number and that workloads will be unmanageable. I didn't get a call back which is fine as I would have not pursued the opportunity on the basis of this experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a stronger candidate than those we have already shortlisted for the role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2008.

Interview

Phone scree. Face to face. Drug Screen. Background Check

Interview Questions