Pearson Instructional Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in June 2017.

Interview

The HR Representative I spoke with was very helpful at the beginning of the process and kept in contact. However, the person I spoke with to interview for the position via the phone was not as personable. They asked many questions and seemed annoyed and would sign on the other end of the phone as I was answering. I did not hear back for two weeks, and emailed HR multiple times before finally receiving a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry faculty member?
    What makes a good learning objective?
    Describe a lesson plan you would put in an online course.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter who immediately scheduled a second interview, this second interview was rescheduled the day of, the 2nd interview was via phone interview with peer who seemed to be happy to speak to me, spoke for almost an hour, got called by the recruiter again to go to a 3rd interview with the same peer and the rest of the group. The 3rd interview on skype with the team only 2 people showed up, and one was late. Recruiter was very attentive in between initial interviews. After the last interview, never heard from them again, followed up a week later and not even the courtesy of a form email.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview conducted, which lasted approximately 45 - 60 minutes. Several days later, I was invited for an on-site 1:1 interview, where more detailed questions were offered, I asked several questions, and there was a more intimate conversational tone used. About one week later, I was contacted with an offer and asked for salary recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Experience in this field, prior skills, business knowledge, identifying and working with various learning styles, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson (Iowa City, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two/three fold. First I had a meeting with HR. I then met with the project manager. I then met with some of the lead staff. Like with most employers, the interview is less about your qualifications (which are already on your resume or CV) but there to assess how good of a fit you would be with the rest of the team and to get a sense of what kind of employee you would be.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

good interview. frank description of the job. peers were in the interview.

Interview Questions

• what's the worst part of your job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, i was just happy to get the job. was a good experience for me.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in February 2011.

Interview

The interviews were spread out over the course of several weeks, with about a week passing before the next one would be scheduled. Each interview occurred over the phone and ranged from one person to three people. They were all very friendly and conversational, yet still asked challenging and thought-provoking questions.

Interview Questions

• Out of each phase of the ADDIE process, which one are you the most comfortable and confident working in?   Answer Question
    • Which do you think is the most important in projects: time, budget or quality?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had to work with a difficult subject matter expert. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation; it was a "take it or leave it" scenario.