Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.9

168 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

After multiple positive interviews and meeting the entire team, I had to follow up multiple times before receiving a rejection email. Like other candidates, I don't think I would have been notified if I hadn't been as persistent. I was told that they went with a more local candidate, which blew me away because I told them I was relocating regardless, and wasn't asking for moving expenses as part of my package.

Interview Questions

• What are three words a current colleague would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by the recruiter, she sent me a survey asking about mu PPT & Excel skills. I was later called by the recruiter. I thought this would be a simple "Tell me about yourself" and verify the information on your resume call. It was a bit more than that. Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a failure that you turned into a positive, How proficient are you with PPT/Excel. How do you handle many priorities?

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in June 2017.

Interview

The HR Representative I spoke with was very helpful at the beginning of the process and kept in contact. However, the person I spoke with to interview for the position via the phone was not as personable. They asked many questions and seemed annoyed and would sign on the other end of the phone as I was answering. I did not hear back for two weeks, and emailed HR multiple times before finally receiving a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry faculty member?
      What makes a good learning objective?
      Describe a lesson plan you would put in an online course.   Answer Question

Services Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson in May 2017.

Interview

Initially contacted via email to set up time for 30 minute interview. Several times over two days were available and I was asked to pick my top 3. The interview was via phone. The recruiter was very friendly, covered a variety of topics, and asked questions based on my background. Very straightforward.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I know someone who works here and met with her and her co-worker to discuss the company in general. She helped me get in touch with the manager for the department I had applied to online. I had a phone interview and I think it went well.
    The man I spoke with asked the typical interview questions for an entry-level job and he was easy to talk to. We even had a nice conversation about something unrelated to the job. I was asked if I would like to come in the next week to discuss further. Despite the reviews I've seen on Glassdoor, I said yes as I would love to work for a publishing company like Pearson. Plus I like the higher education industry. I was told I'd receive details via email on the weekend (my interview was mid-week).
    I have yet to hear back, despite thanking the interviewer and following up twice. I understand not receiving a response for every application sent out, but since I spoke to someone directly and I was under the impression I had an in-person interview scheduled, I'm extremely disappointed I received no response, regardless of the outcome. So, I guess no offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience from my resume, so the interviewer was well-prepared.   Answer Question
    • Why Pearson?   Answer Question
    • Experience with marketing or any relevant marketing and business coursework I've taken.   Answer Question

Psychometrician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Phone interview. Basically the hiring manager takes a long time introducing the job and responsibilities, and in between asks what you have done that are relevant to this job. So be careful with questions coming up all of a sudden. The hiring manager also asks whether you have experience managing a team and working with people of irrelevant background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pearson (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process was decent. It was the aftermath which was terrible. I interviewed for a day with 3 rounds. First was a speed interview with 5 different people interviewing me about 5 different topics such as Java, SQL, Front End. Then there was a written test followed by a group discussion on a design question.

The problem was they did not respond to me at all after the interview for 2 months. I kept messaging and calling them but the recruiters avoided me. Finally I got an official mail saying they did not want to proceed after more than 2 months by which I had totally lost interest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and then received an invite to do an on-campus recruiting event. About 20 other students attended. The whole process dragged on. Through all of the different interview stages, not one question was asked about me or my personal endeavors. It was the most impersonal interview I have had the misfortune of participating in. The technical questions were asked by people who just looked up interview questions online that morning, who could barely answer them themselves. One employee actually said to me, "every time I drive this building I get mad" and "when I get home Friday, I throw my work bag into the closet so I don't have to look at it". The place is the most depressing work environment ever. I am saddened knowing that humans have to work at such a place.

Interview Questions

• What is 2 + true in javascript   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through career fair and got and interview call along with 8 other people from our university. We had a written test followed by speed interviews with 6 people individually. They asked questions from my resume on my previous projects. Followed by that we had a group problem solving round. Still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• RESTful webservices and SOAP webservices, questions on my previous projects, some dbms questions   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

The guy who made the interview with me very cold and unfriendly which might sound like very professional and serious for some people. No personal conversations at all. They asked me what I am doing now. Asked about my previous experiences. I answered at least half of the skills questions correctly I believe. No offer yet. Even if get an offer would not take it because of the lack of interpersonal communication from their side.

Interview Questions

• how to join two table rows in SQL?   1 Answer