Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.7

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I know someone who works here and met with her and her co-worker to discuss the company in general. She helped me get in touch with the manager for the department I had applied to online. I had a phone interview and I think it went well.
    The man I spoke with asked the typical interview questions for an entry-level job and he was easy to talk to. We even had a nice conversation about something unrelated to the job. I was asked if I would like to come in the next week to discuss further. Despite the reviews I've seen on Glassdoor, I said yes as I would love to work for a publishing company like Pearson. Plus I like the higher education industry. I was told I'd receive details via email on the weekend (my interview was mid-week).
    I have yet to hear back, despite thanking the interviewer and following up twice. I understand not receiving a response for every application sent out, but since I spoke to someone directly and I was under the impression I had an in-person interview scheduled, I'm extremely disappointed I received no response, regardless of the outcome. So, I guess no offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience from my resume, so the interviewer was well-prepared.   Answer Question
    • Why Pearson?   Answer Question
    • Experience with marketing or any relevant marketing and business coursework I've taken.   Answer Question

Psychometrician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Phone interview. Basically the hiring manager takes a long time introducing the job and responsibilities, and in between asks what you have done that are relevant to this job. So be careful with questions coming up all of a sudden. The hiring manager also asks whether you have experience managing a team and working with people of irrelevant background.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process took place over several sessions. First, a screening by HR. Second, about two weeks later with the director of the group I was interviewing with, a manager, and a program lead. This was about two hours altogether, very relaxed but intensive with a lot of attention placed on how I felt I could innovate the department. Third, about a month later I talked with just the manager I ended up reporting to who had more job description information and was selecting between three final applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you could adapt your current experience at X to this position and what new perspective do you think it would provide our group to improve on what we deliver to our customers?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very nice conversation first with future manager then with coworkers. I had a chance to meet everybody (about 5 people) in one day. Decision was made next day, which also is very nice.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and then received an invite to do an on-campus recruiting event. About 20 other students attended. The whole process dragged on. Through all of the different interview stages, not one question was asked about me or my personal endeavors. It was the most impersonal interview I have had the misfortune of participating in. The technical questions were asked by people who just looked up interview questions online that morning, who could barely answer them themselves. One employee actually said to me, "every time I drive this building I get mad" and "when I get home Friday, I throw my work bag into the closet so I don't have to look at it". The place is the most depressing work environment ever. I am saddened knowing that humans have to work at such a place.

Interview Questions

• What is 2 + true in javascript   1 Answer

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

The guy who made the interview with me very cold and unfriendly which might sound like very professional and serious for some people. No personal conversations at all. They asked me what I am doing now. Asked about my previous experiences. I answered at least half of the skills questions correctly I believe. No offer yet. Even if get an offer would not take it because of the lack of interpersonal communication from their side.

Interview Questions

• how to join two table rows in SQL?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via online. Received email for phone screen. Set up phone screen a few days later. Recruiter called on time, but was obviously distracted and didn't seem to be prepared. At one point she was talking and then asked "what was the question again". I felt it was a lot of "oh and" like she didn't have her questions ready. She didn't know much about the role. It was unfortunate as this is a company I have wanted to work for and was the only position I have applied to after watching the website for a year, but as I researched (reading glassdoor reviews) I was getting iffy.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you're looking for in a job/this position?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

A referral contacted me about an open position which filled before I submitted my application. A few weeks later, I was contacted by talent acquisition regarding another position and I was open-minded who I had a great conversation with quickly after. I was brought in about a week later and interviewed with 2 people. They were very friendly and accommodating and very informative of the company and the role. Overall, it was a relaxed and painless and actually enjoyable interview process. Lots of great questions were asked, including behavioral questions, but in a kind demeanor. The position ended up not being a fit with my background, but I was happy to have been considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you don't see eye-to-eye with a colleague or manager. How did/do you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through career fair and got and interview call along with 8 other people from our university. We had a written test followed by speed interviews with 6 people individually. They asked questions from my resume on my previous projects. Followed by that we had a group problem solving round. Still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• RESTful webservices and SOAP webservices, questions on my previous projects, some dbms questions   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview with the recruiter, another with the team lead, and a video interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager together. The team lead mostly described the work and didn't ask any questions. The hiring manager asked many more questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you work to resolve conflict on a team.   Answer Question
    • Which is more important, finishing a project on time, on budget, or to perfection?   Answer Question
    • How do you persuade people to do things? (not an exact quote, but it was something like this)   Answer Question