Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Horrible interview process.. Very slow.. went through a series of phone screens.. about a week apart. I talked to about 3 employees within the group I was interviewing with. First interview with Director went very well. Got a call for the second interview with a lead within the team. That one went very well.. I thought I was on my way for an on-site interview.. Recruiter called me back right after the interview and said they have 1 more phone screen with a development engineer within the group..The interview was set up about a week later.. I got the phone call and believe it or not this person could not speak a word of English.. This person was asking me questions and every single answer I gave was , can you repeat the question because I don't understand what you are asking... It was so bad that I thought it was a joke.. At one point in the interview I actually told this person , I am having trouble understanding what you are asking me, and I think he got offended.. It was a terrible experience and I wasn't surprised that I didn't get a phone call back...

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with an HR rep. who was unprepared for the interview and did not actually interview me. They basically wasted my time.

I walked in and she said,"I am not your typical HR rep. I don't like to ask about strengths and weaknesses or to tell me about your past. So, I would like you to ask me questions instead."

I did my best to conduct the interview for her, even though the position I was interviewing for was an entry level, low paying publishing job.

Test Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2012.

Interview

Took forever. First two phone screens, two weeks apart. Then about a month before a face to face.When I showed up to the face to face the interviewer was 15 minutes late. I had to stand outside a locked office.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (El Paso, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

6 interviews .. Campus project .. Presentation of project results.

I went with one phone interview with hiring manage them a phone interview with her manager and then an interview with regional manager.

I was the given campus project and then schedule three more interviews afterwards to include the presentation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about situational sales experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase is available ... I didn't negotiate.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Poorly done. They asked the same question in different words too many times. I also had to create a huge presentation that turned out to have very little to do with the job. They also dragged their feet with the entire process - I had nearly forgotten about it before they got back to me for the following steps.

Interview Questions

• How did you navigate a situation when a supervisor wasn't available to help you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson in July 2015.

Interview

It was a long and extremely time consuming. Campus project is involved and they are expecting the candidate to bring back somewhat of a business. The communication was very slow and unresponsive and hesitant when trying to accelerate the process. This interview will be difficult for someone who is in a dire need for a job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Phone Interview- Screening and role play.

In Person Interview- More screening and resume discussion.

Campus Project- Go out on a solo mission and "act" as if you are a rep. Lengthy and detailed report to follow.

Technology Demonstration- (Role play) Pitch a sales presentation of learning technology to "professors." Also, they give you scenarios.

*Final Interview- This step is TBD, but I had an "extra interview" in person with a regional VP. (This step is usually over the phone) Yes, it's that competitive!

This process is grueling and very long, mine ran 2-3 months. They make sure they weed out those who want it, from those who don't.

It's a very competitive process so bring your A-Game and focus only on this process. It's hard to juggle multiple processes when trying to give this one your all. Remember, you could be competing with people from the industry, so show how you can bring something different to the table.

Pearson Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Terrible phone interview process. I was contact after I applied online on their corporate website (directed to by our university). The recruiter calls right on the clock, which was good, but she asked me NOTHING about myself. I thought she would have called to discuss my backgrounds and fit with the company, but she was uninterested. Do they hire just anyone? Her first question asked about what I knew about the company and delved into the oddest behavioral questions ever. No responses to my emails and just a generic rejection email couple days later. Couldnt even ask for feedback because she just cut me off.

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Sandy, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

A company called Signature Consultants out of Boston, MA called me they did a phone interview. I then was asked to fill out paperwork with my SSN for a background check, which I feel is not necessary, unless offered a position first. And in my opinion should be illegal as per to avoid scams. But then I was pestered by the recruiter the day of, and right before the interview. She told me that the interviewer would ask me the following questions. 1. How to make a PB& J sandwich 2. What are two strengths and weaknesses? 3. How to find an IP address, or explain it to someone who doesn't know. She then said that they are looking for people with alot of "personality". But when I got there, the interviewer did not ask me any of those questions. He just said "Oh it looks like you have a alot of technical experience based on your resume." What hours can you work? "This job is more customer service orientated, rather than technical". " I have a good feeling". "Do you have any questions for me?" And I said that's it?. I was expecting more questions, and a tech test. He then said no. "We are looking to hire pretty quick'. And I added that I was available anytime for training. He then walked me out the front door. And told the recruiter that they filled the position.

Interview Questions

• I feel like if the position was more customer service related he could have asked me some customer service scenario and/or have me do a mock customer service phone call. I feel like he honestly took one look at me,and discriminated against the way I look and decided not to hire me!   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Received an email a few days after applying online and set up a Skype interview. It was a 30 minute technical interview with the senior engineer. I was asked to solve two Java related problems in regards to QA.

Interview Questions

• I have college experience with Java and do not memorize specific Java tools and I was asked to solve questions using these standards. Although I knew how to solve the problems, I was unable to answer them due to specific Java related knowledge.   Answer Question