Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I worked with a Pearson Recruiter during the process to lead me through the necessary interview steps. The interview was on the phone with several members of management. Once the interview was complete, then the waiting game took place. Once again the assigned recruiter kept me informed every step of the process

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I had a 30 minute phone call. After that came two 30-minute interviews over Hangouts, then three 30-minute interviews in-office. There were six interviews total, but it didn't feel like it. All of the interviews were conversational rather than interrogational. It felt like they wanted someone that fit well with the team which was very important to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

On entering the company, they were experiencing difficulty after launching an untested application for customer use. The interview process went pretty smooth as the need was so urgent. The hiring manager was eager to get me involved and was open to whatever the findings were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your technical skills and how you find root cause.   1 Answer

Quality and Delivery Assessment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Terrible interview process. Lasted for close to 2 months from beginning to end. HR wasn't very organised and didn't send all the tasks out ahead of time. Additionally provided no feedback even though I have a day of my time.
    1 x Phone Interview
    1 x Assessment Day - Competency Based Question, Pre-Interview Task, 2 Exercises to complete at Interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest training curve you've experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballymoney, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Ballymoney, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Disgusted with Pearson. I applied for this position through and Agency. I ticked all the boxes and the recruiter came back to me saying that Pearson wanted to offer me an interview. I was excited and accepted. I was given a date and time, but was informed the day before the interview that Pearson had messed up and couldn't actually see me that day, but would offer me another date.

That was ok, I'm fairly easy-going and don't make an issue of things like that. But then a few days later Pearson told the recruiter that having looked further at my CV they were withdrawing the offer of an interview because they had decided that I was over-qualified. This was because I have been temping for the past few months and taking the job with them would have involved a cut in salary. I had been over this with the recruiter and assured her that I understood what I was doing but was prepared to take the cut in order to get a permanent job.

However, Pearson decided (never having met me) that I was a liar and couldn't be trusted, so they broke their own word regarding the interview they'd offered me.

Moral of the story- don't trust a word they say.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Started with an informal chat with HR which then led to a 30 minute telephone interview with the Hiring Manager following by a 1hr face to face interview.

Following on from the face to face I received no feedback, no calls, no emails which was frustrating. I appreciate I may not have been right for the role but when I called/emailes HR for a response I was completely ignored.

Very poor behavior.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview with the recruiter, another with the team lead, and a video interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager together. The team lead mostly described the work and didn't ask any questions. The hiring manager asked many more questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you work to resolve conflict on a team.   Answer Question
    • Which is more important, finishing a project on time, on budget, or to perfection?   Answer Question
    • How do you persuade people to do things? (not an exact quote, but it was something like this)   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through career fair and got and interview call along with 8 other people from our university. We had a written test followed by speed interviews with 6 people individually. They asked questions from my resume on my previous projects. Followed by that we had a group problem solving round. Still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• RESTful webservices and SOAP webservices, questions on my previous projects, some dbms questions   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

A referral contacted me about an open position which filled before I submitted my application. A few weeks later, I was contacted by talent acquisition regarding another position and I was open-minded who I had a great conversation with quickly after. I was brought in about a week later and interviewed with 2 people. They were very friendly and accommodating and very informative of the company and the role. Overall, it was a relaxed and painless and actually enjoyable interview process. Lots of great questions were asked, including behavioral questions, but in a kind demeanor. The position ended up not being a fit with my background, but I was happy to have been considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you don't see eye-to-eye with a colleague or manager. How did/do you handle it?   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was contacted by email letting me know I'd been selected as a candidate. The initial interview was by phone with an employee based in Minnesota. A follow-up interview was conducted by the then-Test Center Manager in person, and afterwards I had to submit to a criminal record check. In all, the process took 4 weeks and it was another week after my check being cleared that I could begin training.

Interview Questions

• How, in previous positions, have you dealt with a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question