Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.8

Online Writing Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Birmingham, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

Turned in resume and online application. Once that was screened, I was sent a link that gave examples of completed assessments. Then I was asked to complete an assessment based on the reviewed examples. Once I submitted the assessment, I was notified I did well (within 24 hours). I then received a separate email with an offer and request to complete online paperwork to accept offer and do background check. Everything was completely automated and online. There were deadlines to complete it (I waa given 7 days to complete the assessment and 3 days for the background check info).

Interview Questions

• The assessment asks you to review a submitted piece, and add critiques/comments in the requested format and modeled after examples they provided previously.   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by the recruiter, she sent me a survey asking about mu PPT & Excel skills. I was later called by the recruiter. I thought this would be a simple "Tell me about yourself" and verify the information on your resume call. It was a bit more than that. Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a failure that you turned into a positive, How proficient are you with PPT/Excel. How do you handle many priorities?

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Boulder, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

The Professor would talk about their projects, I brought some questions to him. He asked me how to do it. I answered there are many ways to approach but not sure which way is the best.

Interview Questions

• What are your best skills in programming language?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Application through Monster. Qualifying phone call, then showed up with several other people for a F to F interview. Interview was about an hour, then I was sent a questionnaire. Three questions. I answered and sent back. Three days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest customer you ever dealt with?   1 Answer

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process took over a month; interviewed with HR, then two associate directors, one director, one more associate director and lastly HR called again and asked some more questions before offering me the position. Overall, the interview process was very easygoing and all of the people I talked to were very nice and helpful, which really helped with calming me down.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in June 2017.

Interview

The HR Representative I spoke with was very helpful at the beginning of the process and kept in contact. However, the person I spoke with to interview for the position via the phone was not as personable. They asked many questions and seemed annoyed and would sign on the other end of the phone as I was answering. I did not hear back for two weeks, and emailed HR multiple times before finally receiving a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry faculty member?
      What makes a good learning objective?
      Describe a lesson plan you would put in an online course.   Answer Question

Services Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson in May 2017.

Interview

Initially contacted via email to set up time for 30 minute interview. Several times over two days were available and I was asked to pick my top 3. The interview was via phone. The recruiter was very friendly, covered a variety of topics, and asked questions based on my background. Very straightforward.

IT Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Found job posting online and submitted my interest via LinkedIn. The posting had been up for over a month by the time I submitted my interest in position, but received a email 2 days later from a corporate recruiter and scheduled a phone interview.

Initial phone interview was about 30+ mins long and was a review of experience/qualifications, discussion of the position, and what questions I had. I asked a lot of questions as the position though technical in nature had a very broad description and details where not so clear/defined. At the end of our conversation I was given a heads up that this position had been open for a few months as they where taking their time in hiring the correct applicant and that the interview process at Pearson could be lengthy. I was emailed back 2 days later and scheduled a on-site interview with the hiring manager.

Arrived 15 mins early for onsite interview and the manager came to get me within 5 mins. He escorted us to the HR area where we had our 1-on-1 in a conference room. Interview lasted 1 hour and consisted of skills/experience review for the first half and the second half was mostly us discussing the challenges of the position, the company in general, and as many questions that I could think of to get a better scope and understanding of the requirements of the job. Outside of my technical skills I feel that a large part of the interview was determining my personality and communication skills as interfacing with many departments is vital to the position.

Received a call back from them 2 weeks later with an offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember there being any of those stereotypical interview questions. We just had a honest conversation about my experience, skills, and the position. I wouldn't expect this of all interviews with the company as I believe each manger is given discretion in how they would like to conduct the interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I know someone who works here and met with her and her co-worker to discuss the company in general. She helped me get in touch with the manager for the department I had applied to online. I had a phone interview and I think it went well.
    The man I spoke with asked the typical interview questions for an entry-level job and he was easy to talk to. We even had a nice conversation about something unrelated to the job. I was asked if I would like to come in the next week to discuss further. Despite the reviews I've seen on Glassdoor, I said yes as I would love to work for a publishing company like Pearson. Plus I like the higher education industry. I was told I'd receive details via email on the weekend (my interview was mid-week).
    I have yet to hear back, despite thanking the interviewer and following up twice. I understand not receiving a response for every application sent out, but since I spoke to someone directly and I was under the impression I had an in-person interview scheduled, I'm extremely disappointed I received no response, regardless of the outcome. So, I guess no offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience from my resume, so the interviewer was well-prepared.   Answer Question
    • Why Pearson?   1 Answer
    • Experience with marketing or any relevant marketing and business coursework I've taken.   Answer Question

Psychometrician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Phone interview. Basically the hiring manager takes a long time introducing the job and responsibilities, and in between asks what you have done that are relevant to this job. So be careful with questions coming up all of a sudden. The hiring manager also asks whether you have experience managing a team and working with people of irrelevant background.