Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.8

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through career fair and got and interview call along with 8 other people from our university. We had a written test followed by speed interviews with 6 people individually. They asked questions from my resume on my previous projects. Followed by that we had a group problem solving round. Still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• RESTful webservices and SOAP webservices, questions on my previous projects, some dbms questions   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

The guy who made the interview with me very cold and unfriendly which might sound like very professional and serious for some people. No personal conversations at all. They asked me what I am doing now. Asked about my previous experiences. I answered at least half of the skills questions correctly I believe. No offer yet. Even if get an offer would not take it because of the lack of interpersonal communication from their side.

Interview Questions

• how to join two table rows in SQL?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via online. Received email for phone screen. Set up phone screen a few days later. Recruiter called on time, but was obviously distracted and didn't seem to be prepared. At one point she was talking and then asked "what was the question again". I felt it was a lot of "oh and" like she didn't have her questions ready. She didn't know much about the role. It was unfortunate as this is a company I have wanted to work for and was the only position I have applied to after watching the website for a year, but as I researched (reading glassdoor reviews) I was getting iffy.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you're looking for in a job/this position?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2017.

Interview

A referral contacted me about an open position which filled before I submitted my application. A few weeks later, I was contacted by talent acquisition regarding another position and I was open-minded who I had a great conversation with quickly after. I was brought in about a week later and interviewed with 2 people. They were very friendly and accommodating and very informative of the company and the role. Overall, it was a relaxed and painless and actually enjoyable interview process. Lots of great questions were asked, including behavioral questions, but in a kind demeanor. The position ended up not being a fit with my background, but I was happy to have been considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you don't see eye-to-eye with a colleague or manager. How did/do you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

There was one phone interview with the recruiter, another with the team lead, and a video interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager together. The team lead mostly described the work and didn't ask any questions. The hiring manager asked many more questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you work to resolve conflict on a team.   Answer Question
    • Which is more important, finishing a project on time, on budget, or to perfection?   Answer Question
    • How do you persuade people to do things? (not an exact quote, but it was something like this)   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was called by temporary workers HR and had an on the spot phone interview. After the interview, my position was confirmed by the department supervisor a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience handling reports and databases?   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via email and ask if I wanted to be considered for this position and to find out what my salary expectations were. Recruiter wanted to know if my salary expectations.

Test Center Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

They were very nice and casual. We had to take a few breaks since people kept coming in but it wasn't for very long. The questions weren't too hard and I felt comfortable.

Digital Content Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for this remote role via FlexJobs in early January. Shortly thereafter, an HR associate scheduled a phone screening for the next week. The conversation flowed well and seemed overall pleasant. I was under the assumption I'd be hearing from the hiring manager, based on this contact. Not only did the company not care to update me for three more weeks, but the same HR associate called to let me know someone else had accepted their job offer. Why not reject me once you decided not to pursue me, rather than keep me hanging and hoping? I would recommend better communication with candidates in the future. And please, relay rejections via email to avoid false hope! I would not apply with this company again in the future based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Please share your background and why you're a fit for this role.   Answer Question

HSSL Sales Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email from the hiring manager with 10 full blown interview questions. I was asked to respond. I responded the next day. I was informed this was to keep the interview process moving. I received an email several days later to set up an phone interview. The process was straight forward, there were a lot of questions about my college degree and time management during college. The interview went on and then again circled back around to the questions about my degree, which I obtained over 10 years ago and have been working in sales since. I understand that the idea of these questions sort of related to the position as I would be on college campuses all day.

I was told that days during the busy time could be up to 14 hour days. I completed the interview and never received any word back about the position, not an email or phone call over 8 weeks later. At this point I decided even if they called I would not want to work for a company that moves this slow without communication. I also read in other reviews that there is a period of the interview process where the candidate must go on campus and speak to professors about textbooks, etc. All a part of the interview process. This seems very time consuming, I understand why they might want you to do this, however, I think it would be better to shadow someone instead of doing the job without receiving an offer. I am glad it did not come to that as I would have declined any further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Did you work during college?   1 Answer