Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.8

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview which included 5 general customer service type questions together with information about the company rhe position and hours.. The second interview was one-on-one at the testing center. Both interviewing personnel were friendly and polite the atmosphere was comfortable and the interview experience was positive and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation wherein you were dealing with a disgruntled customer and how what the outcome or resolution was.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Centennial, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

After going back and forth in email over the course of a month the Interview was scheduled with about 2 hours notice. When I showed up to office dressed in a suite and tie ready to interview I was told the hiring manager wasn't even there and that he would call me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style, and 5 or 6 other basic interview questions downloaded from the internet.   Answer Question

Product Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth but I don't think it was the right fit. I went through a phone screen, take-home exercise, 3 interviews via phone. Was sent an email afterwards that I did not get the position. Everyone was perfectly nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any unexpected questions, they were all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Everything seemed very organized and not at all intimidating. I had 3 interviews in person, one after the other, and did not have to wait terribly long for any of them. The questions were a bit generic but the interviewers seemed very sincere. One of the people who interviewed me was such a pleasure to talk to and was very encouraging of my career overall. He gave some great insight into what the role was and what it could transition into.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the most challenging part of this role?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me via social media about an opening in the area. She then called me, and upon finding out I was recently laid off, told me the company didn't like hiring people who weren't currently employed. She offered to setup an in person interview, but then quickly after the phone call sent me an email and told me the job had been canceled. Very unprofessional.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Had 4 rounds of Interview - First round phone screening with HR, Second round - Phone interview with QA Manager, Third round - Phone Interview with Team Leads from different Team, Fourth Round - In person - White Board coding questions. All round were technical rounds except the first HR phone screening. Interview with team and manager was pretty decent and professional.

Interview Questions

HR wasn't open for conversation - seemed to be rude. The title advertised wasn't in their system and they map it role as per their interest rather than the job description.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager about the open position. First off, it took three calls for him to have ample time to speak with me. When I showed up for the interview the next day, the interviewing manager was 20 minutes late. This confirmed what I suspected: he was very unorganized. I have been in publishing for almost 10 years and I would not pursue a position with Pearson after this experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest school you currently cover?
      Explain a time when you turned a difficult situation into a positive or a closed sale/adoption?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

The district manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for the position. I had a lengthy phone interview mainly due to my inquisition. At the end I was asked to move on to a face to face interview with both him and the technology specialist. I was asked at the end to move forward with the next step in the process and they would be in touch to let me know. A few days later which was a Thursday I was informed of the on campus project. I was instructed to visit one 2 year campus and one 4 year campus and interview as many professors as I could regarding the industry then submit a report the following Tuesday and attend another interview that Wednesday. This ended up being too quick of a turn around time for me due to a family emergency so I sent an email and a LinkedIn message. They never responded which I thought was extremely unprofessional after the very friendly interaction I felt we had during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Role play: you are an on campus recruiter and we are a family visiting the campus. Sell us on the campus of your choice.   Answer Question

Literacy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I had my initial interview with a manager and felt like it went very well. I received positive feedback and even took a tour around the office. I was then asked to prepare a webinar. I spent a great deal of time researching the content I was given and Pearson as a whole. I was working full time and preparing for my webinar during every free moment the week it was scheduled. I carried out the webinar with success and again, I received positive feedback. I was then told that the two managers to whom I had presented my webinar had just received promotions. They told me they would be involved in the decision making, but the decision would ultimately be up to the incoming managers taking their place. That was the last I heard. I reached out to them a few weeks later (trying to be patient while they transitioned to their new roles). I was told the manager positions had not been filled, so they were still unable to make a decision and would be in touch. That was the end of my communication with Pearson.
    In hind sight, the interviewing experience was good for me and creating the webinar was also a learning experience. I just wish that someone would have contacted me. It made me feel like my time was never valued. Considering what I put into it, that was very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like, "Why are you interested in working for Pearson? What makes you a good candidate?"   Answer Question

Content Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed on phone with Human Resource Mgr.
    Interviewed on phone with hiring manager
    Interviewed in person with hiring manager
    Interviewd with various support and funtional group managers
    Spoke with Human Resource Mgr regarding benefits
    Received a verbal offer two days later and a formal contract one week later
    Started work one week after signing contract

Interview Questions

• How did I see my current skill set matching up against what they told me they needed.   1 Answer