Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.8

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager about the open position. First off, it took three calls for him to have ample time to speak with me. When I showed up for the interview the next day, the interviewing manager was 20 minutes late. This confirmed what I suspected: he was very unorganized. I have been in publishing for almost 10 years and I would not pursue a position with Pearson after this experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest school you currently cover?
      Explain a time when you turned a difficult situation into a positive or a closed sale/adoption?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

The district manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for the position. I had a lengthy phone interview mainly due to my inquisition. At the end I was asked to move on to a face to face interview with both him and the technology specialist. I was asked at the end to move forward with the next step in the process and they would be in touch to let me know. A few days later which was a Thursday I was informed of the on campus project. I was instructed to visit one 2 year campus and one 4 year campus and interview as many professors as I could regarding the industry then submit a report the following Tuesday and attend another interview that Wednesday. This ended up being too quick of a turn around time for me due to a family emergency so I sent an email and a LinkedIn message. They never responded which I thought was extremely unprofessional after the very friendly interaction I felt we had during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Role play: you are an on campus recruiter and we are a family visiting the campus. Sell us on the campus of your choice.   Answer Question

Literacy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I had my initial interview with a manager and felt like it went very well. I received positive feedback and even took a tour around the office. I was then asked to prepare a webinar. I spent a great deal of time researching the content I was given and Pearson as a whole. I was working full time and preparing for my webinar during every free moment the week it was scheduled. I carried out the webinar with success and again, I received positive feedback. I was then told that the two managers to whom I had presented my webinar had just received promotions. They told me they would be involved in the decision making, but the decision would ultimately be up to the incoming managers taking their place. That was the last I heard. I reached out to them a few weeks later (trying to be patient while they transitioned to their new roles). I was told the manager positions had not been filled, so they were still unable to make a decision and would be in touch. That was the end of my communication with Pearson.
    In hind sight, the interviewing experience was good for me and creating the webinar was also a learning experience. I just wish that someone would have contacted me. It made me feel like my time was never valued. Considering what I put into it, that was very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like, "Why are you interested in working for Pearson? What makes you a good candidate?"   Answer Question

Content Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed on phone with Human Resource Mgr.
    Interviewed on phone with hiring manager
    Interviewed in person with hiring manager
    Interviewd with various support and funtional group managers
    Spoke with Human Resource Mgr regarding benefits
    Received a verbal offer two days later and a formal contract one week later
    Started work one week after signing contract

Interview Questions

• How did I see my current skill set matching up against what they told me they needed.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. The recruiter set up an initial phone screen. She recommended I go for the Account Manager position, rather than Inbound/Renewal due to my experience. She set up a time for my face-to-face interview with two managers. The interview was pretty easy, and since this was a sales position I was asked to sell them something. I had a follow-up phone interview and was offered the job. There was a waiting process for the official offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary, although I should have.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very drawn out. I talked with someone in HR and then scheduled an interview in 2 weeks. Once I went in I spent an hour and a half talking with them, and after the interview they never contacted me with any sort of decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Pearson's representation in the media?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Interview was impersonal and it was clear they were not yet organized as a team to hire. I did not meet the rest of the team or have a sense of what their backgrounds were.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (El Paso, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

applied online, phone interview next day. the interviewer didn't even give me a chance. I prepared for the interview ahead of time, he asked me twice what I liked about sales, as if my first answer wasn't sufficient enough. He cut me off midway through the 1st interview to say that he's decided to move on to other candidates and that maybe in the future i'll have more sales experience. These people don't care about whether or not you care about education; they only care about you being 100% a sales person.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about sales? (asked me twice), a goal you have that you didn't achieve, what are qualities of a good sales representative? walk through your resume/job history a.k.a give a historical account of it.   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Iowa City, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter before an in-person interview. The phone interview was basic things to make sure I was qualified, while the in-person interview was a tour of the facilities, meeting with the manager, and sitting down with two of the individuals I would report to. The meeting with the manager was a bit formal, and meeting with the two individuals I would report to was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• I did get asked the classic what was the last movie you've seen, and what was the last book you've read?   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson (Centennial, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I received email contact to schedule a phone interview. We set up a time, and with a slight delay, conducted the phone interview. After reflection on the answers to some of my questions, I decided to pull my name from consideration for the position. I seems like things are in disarray, and I didn't want to jump from one chaotic situation into another.

Interview Questions

• What is your EMC experience   1 Answer