Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.7

Lead Applications Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in February 2016.

Interview

Was done over the phone. Initially very positive feedback pretty much told an offer would be coming, but then no follow up. Initial internal recruiter was pregnant and handed off to another recruiter. Had to reach out to remind them waiting for next steps which resulted in an email saying they went with a different candidate. Very unprofessional.

Distributed Scorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

There is a lengthy online application form; you must verify your education credentials. There are some training videos and quizzes that are easy. The actual determination of whether or not you'll be hired is made when you score practice sets. So you could go through all the online application, but end up not being hired if you can't pass the practice sets. You are paid for the training, however.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had teaching experience, and other scoring experience.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO).

Interview

My interview spanned a couple of days so that I could meet engineers and managers. It took a while for them to get back to me. I interviewed with two or three engineers twice. They asked lots of .NET questions and some Design pattern questions, and some HTTP questions. The managers asked me how I responded to different challenges. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Pretty much everyone who interviewed me has left the company since then.

Interview Questions

• How would I create functionality that could easily be swapped in and out of a program.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in January 2016.

Interview

You start with a phone interview then if they are interested you are scheduled for an in person interview with people from the hiring team including the hiring manager. There is another,final interview if you pass that first one. Then the offer.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Received a generic rejection email at first and then a call from HR asking about availability. Replied Yes, hence was scheduled for the first round over the phone. The interview was quite straight forward, one coding question, OOP concept questions and talk about some background. Received another call from the HR the same day to schedule another interview. Similar to the previous round, but with two coding questions and slight increase in the grade of question. Received a call 3 days later saying the recruiter liked me and wants me to talk to the manager for a behavioral round. Received a call 3 days later from the Manager, interview concentrated on what I did in my previous employment and some generic behavioral questions, not tough. Received an email from the HR 3 days later only to know that they conducted all the interviews before finalizing the perfect suit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers, e.g. [1,2,3]. Write a program to print all the possible permutations of their arrangements in the array, e.g. [1,2,3], [2,1,3], [1,3,2], [2,3,1], [3,2,1], [3,1,2].   Answer Question
    • In a given string, find the anagram pairs.   Answer Question
    • Given two numbers, n and d. Add 'd' to individual digits of 'n' ignoring carry.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pearson (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Immediate response to following my application. They move fast. I had a 10 minute phone interview with HR, then the next day a 10 minute phone interview with the manager and an hour long in person interview before an offer. I lead the interview... It was clear they'd never been on the other side of it. And they were also new so many of the questions I had were left unanswered. They also ask for references and send out an anonymous survey for them to fill out

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson (Iowa City, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two/three fold. First I had a meeting with HR. I then met with the project manager. I then met with some of the lead staff. Like with most employers, the interview is less about your qualifications (which are already on your resume or CV) but there to assess how good of a fit you would be with the rest of the team and to get a sense of what kind of employee you would be.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. Got a call from HR to schedule the interviews. Total 3 rounds, 2 technical and 1 behavioral. The technical questions were pretty straight forward about string manipulation and data structures. The interviewers were very friendly and relaxed out. They gave ample time to conduct the interview and were helpful during the interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Technical Round 1:
      1.) Print all the possible permutations of numbers from a given array of numbers.

Technical Round 2:
      1.) Given a sentence, find anagram pairs if any.
      2.) Given a two numbers, add second number to individual digits of first number.

Behavioral round:
      Generic questions about past experience and availability.
      Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Long process, first a phone call with the manager. Then a face to face interview with the manager and her manager. They drill down your past sales numbers and why/when you left past positions. Then they send you on a campus project and you can't say you're working with Pearson. So it's a lot harder than it sounds, why would professors give up their time, especially during a busy period like end of term. After that, then they decide who they want to go for another 2 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you didn't like about your last job and how would you change it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

In the process of interviewing. Had an phone screening but it was from the regional manager. Easy to talk to and interested in filling the position very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest professional accomplishment thus far.   1 Answer