Pearson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

5 individual interviews via video conference over the course of 2 months. Throughout the entire process I had to consistently follow up with them. Sometimes getting no response. With each interview I was told I was a top candidate, yet I felt left in the dark during the process.

When I got the rejection letter, it was addressed to another candidate. Instead of sending an apology, I just received another generic email with my name.

It would have been nice to get a call considering I dedicated a lot of time to completing the interview process.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter who immediately scheduled a second interview, this second interview was rescheduled the day of, the 2nd interview was via phone interview with peer who seemed to be happy to speak to me, spoke for almost an hour, got called by the recruiter again to go to a 3rd interview with the same peer and the rest of the group. The 3rd interview on skype with the team only 2 people showed up, and one was late. Recruiter was very attentive in between initial interviews. After the last interview, never heard from them again, followed up a week later and not even the courtesy of a form email.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview conducted, which lasted approximately 45 - 60 minutes. Several days later, I was invited for an on-site 1:1 interview, where more detailed questions were offered, I asked several questions, and there was a more intimate conversational tone used. About one week later, I was contacted with an offer and asked for salary recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Experience in this field, prior skills, business knowledge, identifying and working with various learning styles, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter via email to pick some phone screen times. I sent them some times, but I never heard back from them including 3 follow up emails. I refuse to reapply to this company since they aren't able to do a simple follow up with a candidate.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

One phone interview which was just questions about my resume. Then I had an onsite interview for 3 hours with technical round, a written quiz and a group interview. It went pretty smoothly. I had to stay at the office the whole day for the 3 hours interview I had. But the people were super friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions about java, javascript and sql   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

I started at the company as a temporary employee that was recommended by someone on staff there so I only had a telephone interview. When I was being offered a staff position I had a face to face interview with management.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about my prior experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Horrible interview process.. Very slow.. went through a series of phone screens.. about a week apart. I talked to about 3 employees within the group I was interviewing with. First interview with Director went very well. Got a call for the second interview with a lead within the team. That one went very well.. I thought I was on my way for an on-site interview.. Recruiter called me back right after the interview and said they have 1 more phone screen with a development engineer within the group..The interview was set up about a week later.. I got the phone call and believe it or not this person could not speak a word of English.. This person was asking me questions and every single answer I gave was , can you repeat the question because I don't understand what you are asking... It was so bad that I thought it was a joke.. At one point in the interview I actually told this person , I am having trouble understanding what you are asking me, and I think he got offended.. It was a terrible experience and I wasn't surprised that I didn't get a phone call back...

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my university, they like my resume. They contacted me asking for an availability for a phone interview. I gave them the time, then they called me and chatted for around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General questions, prior work experience, expected graduation date, availability.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson (Centennial, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I have applied online and Pearson contacted me in couple of days. A phone screen was scheduled for the next day. Once I cleared it, there was 1:1 interview, which lasted about 3 hours. I received an offer soon after.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expected, revolved around your programming abilities, your architectural grasp of your project(s).   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in March 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions, very nice manager
    Interview was short she should me around the office and went over how the office is run.
    Should here back from manger by the end of week.