Pearson Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Subject Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 month of silence, then a casual phone call with another subject leader. If you advised your expected salary, thier first question is about undercutting you and your potentional salary. Then came the interview.

Written questions and answers, in 2017 of all times, ranging from English, Maths and Science based. One question was an extremely long winded one about priorities for projects and I'm not making this up, writing the contents of an EMAIL you would send to an unhappy teacher.

The penultimate stab in the back came when they told me it's actually a contract role. Despite the profile saying Permanant. Regardless, this company ghosted me. No feedback.

Disgusting and very backwards behaviour from a "leading academic company."

Interview Questions

• Why are you Leaving?   Answer Question
    • Is it okay we are paying less than your expected salary?   Answer Question
    • Written: Prioritise the below requests, projects and tasks in the order you think they should be handled. Give reasons why and how you would complete said action and in what time.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process involved a phone interview, video interview, analysis test and then face-to-face interview. Great people in the team! - Getting feedback on each stage was a little slow, but overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? Why the change in career path? Situation questions- explain a time you did XYZ? what will you miss at your current job sector?   Answer Question

Qualification Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online via their recruitment portal. Was then sent an email inviting me for a telephone interview. This was a ‘culling’ process. The telephone interview took 30-45 mins..was told they’d get back to me by the end of the week (interview was on a Wednesday), Friday arrived, Monday arrived no communication - no ‘thanks but no thanks’, no generic rejection email. I had to make contact with them..

Quality and Delivery Assessment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Terrible interview process. Lasted for close to 2 months from beginning to end. HR wasn't very organised and didn't send all the tasks out ahead of time. Additionally provided no feedback even though I have a day of my time.
    1 x Phone Interview
    1 x Assessment Day - Competency Based Question, Pre-Interview Task, 2 Exercises to complete at Interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest training curve you've experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

After two rounds of interviews I had a job offer from Pearson in an executive role. The interviews went really well, I enjoyed meeting the team I would be working with and it was NOT and easy decision but in the end I had to turn down the offer because the salary they offered was too low.

As I reached the second stage I assumed that my salary expectations had been taken into consideration (they asked during first interview) however the offer was about 3k less than the minimum asked for and 6k less than my previous role.
    For the right role I don't mind taking a paycut as long as the responsabilities goes hand in hand with it, which it didn't in this case.

It seemed like a good company, great location and nice colleagues but the salary needs to reflect the experience seeked in candidates.

Interview Questions

• Generally questions about my experience and what I could bring for this role.   Answer Question

Exams Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It consisted of two stages. At first we were asked to complete some tests - mostly calculations e.g. we were asked to calculate percentages, averages prices etc... Later on we were asked to do some proofreading and this exercise was quite straightforward. The first stage It lasted 2 hours in total and a few days later I had an interview - it lasted 1 hour with two people asking competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how I dealt with diffiicult customers - I had to give specific examples of how I behaved in various situations.   Answer Question

Business Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was an average competency-based set of questions plus a presentation on the subject matter. It went well and I received good feedback, although in answering my final questions the interview gave away that they were afraid I would not enjoy the role based on my background, which I appreciated.

They said I would be notified of the results in a week's time. It is now more than a month and no one has come back to me with a yes/no answer. Whilst it is clear I did not get the job, I have e-mailed 2 different people in HR, who have stated they have no updates. When I called them this week, they stated they were still looking into finding an update and they would call back straightaway. Never heard back. Pretty disappointing experience.

Campaigns Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

3 sperate interviews where met different staff - line manager, colleagues and head of department. Pretty standard first interview followed by, presentation in the 2nd conducted over the phone. Nothing difficult and pretty standard questioning throughout. 3RD stage interview more with he'd of dept - more troublesome - was asked the same questions as before but this time the answers where not seemed to have been liked. Also seemed to want agency experience which is a bit late in the day to pick up on. Strange arbitrary process.

Interview Questions

• Examples where you had used particular skills   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

started with a phone call then went in for an interview. the people there were very friendly, offered a glass of water. questions were fairly basic. wanted to know about me and why i wanted the job. got back to me within 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. describe a project you've worked on   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by their internal recruitment team who were very polished and professional. Following a screening call with them, was invited in for a face to face.

Met with hiring manager and two other senior team members in London office and following brief intro's from them, I was then asked the standard, "tell me about yourself and run through your CV for me" which never instills confidence, especially when a recently printed out copy sits in front of them with no notes scribbled down and you're the only one in the room who has a copy of the job spec.

I was then asked some of the most rudimentary questions you can be asked for a job of this nature and for good measure, every question was then invariably repeated but from an opposite perspective. Session was very scripted and had no flow or vibe to it. What was worse is that when they finally finished, I was given just four minutes to ask questions before they were due in another meeting which I used to try and get information about the existing team and what they were actually looking for (as that had yet to be discussed) for which i received vague responses.

I decided that this was a definite no before I'd even left the building however there is another stage for those that persist with a set of google hangout chats. This will be with people from the U.S. office and other locations as needed if you get past the hiring manager stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you advised against a project going live? When you advised against but they decided to go live anyway? Describe your management style? How do you know how much testing is enough? How do you know when to stop testing? Tell me about your weaknesses?   Answer Question