Pearson Interview Questions in Menlo Park, CA | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I contacted the HR after graduating since I did an internship wth this company regarding open positions in Project Management in California. The HR sent me a link to do an interview online that had seven questions and also asked me to upload my most recent resume and some personal info. The interview questions were very specific to the position and I believe not very related to my past professional experiences. They were looking for a senior project management and I haven't had so many years of experience in this field. I never received any response either from the HR or from the manager. I think the company should have a better retention program after we put so much work and effort during our internship and could at least contact the candidates to let then know the results.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with an overview of your professional background as it relates to this job.
      Share an overview of your work history; specifically, whom did you work for, your role there, and if you are not currently employed, what prompted your departure. Please elaborate on your current employment situation and past two jobs.
      What has prompted your interest in Pearson, and why did you apply to this job in particular?
      Describe a recent situation when you manage multiple simultaneous projects, many of which involved change requests to existing products and functionalities. What was range of the scope of these projects?
      Describe a situation when you were responsible for managing contract requirements and changes, including obtaining costs and developing pricing estimates
      Describe a recent process improvement initiative you implemented in order to promote quality and cost reduction
      What are your salary requirements?
      Answer Question