Pearson Online & Blended Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted through email by someone on their talent acquisition team about an digital interview and you have two days to complete it. Digital interview - HireVue - series of questions that you have to answer within 40 mins. Through HireVue your watching yourself on your computer and it's recording so they can watch you as well. Your given 10 seconds to read and come up with an answer for the specific question. Your not able to delete and try again once you start a question. Once you have completed the digital interview you will receive an email confirmation.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in advising students before?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning.

Interview

The interview process took a very long time and felt very impersonal at first. It started when I applied online and about a week later I received an invitation to conduct an online interview. This was not an interview but rather a chance to record my responses to about a dozen questions. I felt funny going through this process without having talked to a single person at the company so I contacted their HR department. After being bounced around to half a dozen people I finally got in touch with someone willing to talk to me over the phone, however this person was unable to answer most of my questions about the position or the architecture team. I conducted the online interview anyway. A couple of weeks passed before receiving any type of response. Soon afterwards I was invited to the office for an in-person interview with a follow-up interview 2 weeks later. These interviews finally gave me a chance to learn more about the position, the duties, the company's culture, and benefits. However my meeting with the architecture team was very underwhelming. They were late to the interview, I was hurried through my questions, not given a chance to even complete my sentences, and I was asked many low-level programming questions rather than actual architecture questions. The interview concluded with the absurd question, "If there was a zombie apocalypse and you could call one person, who would it be?"

Interview Questions

• Create domain classes for a database model provided by the interviewers.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was 2 rounds. The first round was with accounting managers and the second round was with accounting directors. It was a very easy going process and feedback was given immediately. Everyone did a great job giving detailed information about the position and the company.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I was offered a digital interview less than a week after applying, followed by an offer to do a face to face interview with four people, about three weeks later. The process was easy and straightforward, and I was asked standard interview questions (work history, why you chose to apply, strengths, weaknesses, etc.).

Interview Questions

• A time when you told the truth when it was detrimental to you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (Rogers, AR) in April 2016.

Interview

The initial interview process was conducted "digitally" online, basically a video recording of my answers with no human contact from the other side. It felt very awkward and cold to not have any kind of voice or facial queues from a warm human being. If one passes the digital interview, a phone or in-person interview would be the next step. The awkwardness of the digital interview likely eliminates a huge amount of applicants from the very beginning and quite unfairly, I believe.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a stressful office situation (prioritization skills) such as this: You're on the phone with a difficult customer who is becoming more and more irrate, a UPS driver is standing at your desk needing signature of multiple packages that you need to review for damages before accepting delivery, and a family walks in for an appointed meeting.   1 Answer
    • What is your current salary / salary from previous position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through a job board and got an email settings an interview appointment. Everyone was very kind, from the secretary in the main level to the interviewers. I got asked basic questions, yet wise and important questions considering the position I was applying for and I never felt uncomfortable when answering or with my interviewers reactions. It was a productive and enjoyable interview.
    They called me about 10 days later and offered me the job.
    So far I have had a great experience with the company and I'm so eager to start working!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

During the interview I got asked about my payment desire and they offer a little more than what I asked for.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, about 2 weeks later, I received an email requesting I do a Virtual interview. I received an email about 2 weeks later saying it had been viewed and the hiring manager would like to set up a live interview with the hiring manager, the director and the project team. Also, to prepare a presentation to present to the team.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

Friendly staff/panel interview. I had to answer questions, perform a sample lesson, and take a technology test. It was a very fair process, and I got feedback quickly. The interview was about 2 hours in length, plus a 30-minute technology competency test. Very thorough process, but not grueling.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning in July 2016.

Interview

Submit application along with answers to a number of questions on your qualifications, experience and educational philosophy. After being chosen for an interview, start with the School Leader and then interview with various other individuals including dept chair, asst principal, team members. Questions centered around my background in education and how that experience and knowledge will translate to the online world.

Interview Questions

• How will you connect with students and engage students in virtual education?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was done first using a virtual webcam app (Hirevue) which was interesting and then an in-person review with an administrator. In the in-person interview, you had to provide a demonstration of your virtual teaching.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I interviewed at Pearson Online & Blended Learning (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

First you fill out your application. If you are selected, you complete the video interview. If you make it past the video, then you do a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, you may get selected to come in, and do a panel interview, and teach a lesson.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you could modify an assignment virtually?   Answer Question