Pearson Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.4

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me via social media about an opening in the area. She then called me, and upon finding out I was recently laid off, told me the company didn't like hiring people who weren't currently employed. She offered to setup an in person interview, but then quickly after the phone call sent me an email and told me the job had been canceled. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2016.

Interview

The district manager contacted me via LinkedIn and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for the position. I had a lengthy phone interview mainly due to my inquisition. At the end I was asked to move on to a face to face interview with both him and the technology specialist. I was asked at the end to move forward with the next step in the process and they would be in touch to let me know. A few days later which was a Thursday I was informed of the on campus project. I was instructed to visit one 2 year campus and one 4 year campus and interview as many professors as I could regarding the industry then submit a report the following Tuesday and attend another interview that Wednesday. This ended up being too quick of a turn around time for me due to a family emergency so I sent an email and a LinkedIn message. They never responded which I thought was extremely unprofessional after the very friendly interaction I felt we had during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Role play: you are an on campus recruiter and we are a family visiting the campus. Sell us on the campus of your choice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (El Paso, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

applied online, phone interview next day. the interviewer didn't even give me a chance. I prepared for the interview ahead of time, he asked me twice what I liked about sales, as if my first answer wasn't sufficient enough. He cut me off midway through the 1st interview to say that he's decided to move on to other candidates and that maybe in the future i'll have more sales experience. These people don't care about whether or not you care about education; they only care about you being 100% a sales person.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about sales? (asked me twice), a goal you have that you didn't achieve, what are qualities of a good sales representative? walk through your resume/job history a.k.a give a historical account of it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring manger called me, informal interview during that call. He then invited me to a face to face interview with him and the regional manager. Met with the district/hiring manager and regional manager for the face to face interview. I was not moved onto the next round of interviews, but he said there would have been a campus project and then a 2 hour final, panel interview.

The hiring manager was very nice. The regional manager was rude and basically made fun of one of the questions I asked. Very unprofessional and definitely not a company I would want to work for!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Glenview, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by 1st and 2nd interviews, and campus project discussing sales products with professors on campus. It was a more personal interview going over my resume and work experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed at something?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Long process, first a phone call with the manager. Then a face to face interview with the manager and her manager. They drill down your past sales numbers and why/when you left past positions. Then they send you on a campus project and you can't say you're working with Pearson. So it's a lot harder than it sounds, why would professors give up their time, especially during a busy period like end of term. After that, then they decide who they want to go for another 2 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you didn't like about your last job and how would you change it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

In the process of interviewing. Had an phone screening but it was from the regional manager. Easy to talk to and interested in filling the position very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest professional accomplishment thus far.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Albany, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process beginning with a 45 minute phone conversation with regional manager, phone conversation with another sales rep, in-person interview (1 hour) with regional manager and technology specialist. Anticipating the final stage, which is a campus project. All Pearson folks were positive about their work with the company and had relevant questions to ask. I've enjoyed the conversations and appreciate the opportunity to be vetted via multiple occasions, by different people and across many topics relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask about challenges you've faced and successfully managed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

3 interviews via phone then two in person. Managers seemed scattered and weren't on the same page with each other. Seemed distracted. Sales turn over described as high. Openings every six to eight months

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

First - phone interview to get to know more information about your job history and learn more about position. Second, face-to-face interview with District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager. It was basically a walk through my resume and ask further questions about job history and the position. Next, campus project and then final face-to-face interview.