Pearson Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Pearson Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Everything seemed very organized and not at all intimidating. I had 3 interviews in person, one after the other, and did not have to wait terribly long for any of them. The questions were a bit generic but the interviewers seemed very sincere. One of the people who interviewed me was such a pleasure to talk to and was very encouraging of my career overall. He gave some great insight into what the role was and what it could transition into.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the most challenging part of this role?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, then two rounds of phone interviews. Very easy, they are just looking forward to hiring a adequate person. Not very technical, just past experience, I asked them many questions, maybe that is why I did not get asked a whole lot in return. Overall experience was smooth, they gave me the offer over the phone, I started in about a month.

Interview Questions

• General questions about QA process and previous experience. It was a manual position therefore not much technical questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Routine questions. Minimal information provided about the role. Interviewers seemed unprepared and disinterested. Surprisingly informal. It almost felt as if I was interviewing them rather than the other way around. Everyone involved was cordial and professional.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Good in 3 weeks, I was on board. Call from Interview Manager, followed with meeting peers and HR. Very informal setting. HR representative was very polite and walked thru process clearly explaining step by step. Enjoyed the whole process and got offer. Worked for more than a year.

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Received an email a few days after applying online and set up a Skype interview. It was a 30 minute technical interview with the senior engineer. I was asked to solve two Java related problems in regards to QA.

Interview Questions

• I have college experience with Java and do not memorize specific Java tools and I was asked to solve questions using these standards. Although I knew how to solve the problems, I was unable to answer them due to specific Java related knowledge.   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It started with a call from HR rep that had reviewed my online application. She screened me for the next steps, I received a total of 8 phone interviews (2 with same person VP, 1 with Senior VP, rest with managers from different dpts, and territories) 1 a face-to-face interview with VP. After each called they promised that they would be reviewing all the candidates info and get back to me within 2 weeks. HR would call me back with a schedule phone appt with another person. With that many interviews the wait was more than 6 months which by then it seemed clear that they had made a decision but did not notified me. One question that came up with all interviewers was inquiries about my then present employer's trends, what are they doing about x? Who is in charge of x? What's their contact info? It felt as they were setting up interviews from different dpts, seeking specific leads. Felt sneaky way to get to get information that only an insider like would have. They may not have had any intention to hire just to mined info.

Interview Questions

• Who do you report to? What the title? where is this person located / address? What they would say about you and your work?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

All contact through email. Went in for interview that lasted 2 hours with 2 people. Nice friendly atmosphere.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with an HR rep. who was unprepared for the interview and did not actually interview me. They basically wasted my time.

I walked in and she said,"I am not your typical HR rep. I don't like to ask about strengths and weaknesses or to tell me about your past. So, I would like you to ask me questions instead."

I did my best to conduct the interview for her, even though the position I was interviewing for was an entry level, low paying publishing job.

Pearson 2011 Summer Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a relatively smooth process. I received an e-mail scheduling me for a phone interview a month after submitting my application, and was invited to interview in person one week later. My interviewer was very respectful and open about the internship's responsibilities and the program's structure.

Interview Questions

• What are several goals you've set for yourself (and accomplished) thus far?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Typical interview--nothing too surprising. The questions were short and sweet, though I imagine the interview process would be more comprehensive if it had been for a permanent position. It was an overall very positive experience--the HR people at Pearson are some of the most personable around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase for this level of employment--though I imagine they would be very fair and reasonable. Again, the HR at Pearson are actually good people that care about the entire process and the well being of the employees.