Pearson Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2016

3.4

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Everything seemed very organized and not at all intimidating. I had 3 interviews in person, one after the other, and did not have to wait terribly long for any of them. The questions were a bit generic but the interviewers seemed very sincere. One of the people who interviewed me was such a pleasure to talk to and was very encouraging of my career overall. He gave some great insight into what the role was and what it could transition into.

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee being the most challenging part of this role?   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Received an email a few days after applying online and set up a Skype interview. It was a 30 minute technical interview with the senior engineer. I was asked to solve two Java related problems in regards to QA.

Interview Questions

• I have college experience with Java and do not memorize specific Java tools and I was asked to solve questions using these standards. Although I knew how to solve the problems, I was unable to answer them due to specific Java related knowledge.   Answer Question

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It started with a call from HR rep that had reviewed my online application. She screened me for the next steps, I received a total of 8 phone interviews (2 with same person VP, 1 with Senior VP, rest with managers from different dpts, and territories) 1 a face-to-face interview with VP. After each called they promised that they would be reviewing all the candidates info and get back to me within 2 weeks. HR would call me back with a schedule phone appt with another person. With that many interviews the wait was more than 6 months which by then it seemed clear that they had made a decision but did not notified me. One question that came up with all interviewers was inquiries about my then present employer's trends, what are they doing about x? Who is in charge of x? What's their contact info? It felt as they were setting up interviews from different dpts, seeking specific leads. Felt sneaky way to get to get information that only an insider like would have. They may not have had any intention to hire just to mined info.

Interview Questions

• Who do you report to? What the title? where is this person located / address? What they would say about you and your work?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

All contact through email. Went in for interview that lasted 2 hours with 2 people. Nice friendly atmosphere.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with an HR rep. who was unprepared for the interview and did not actually interview me. They basically wasted my time.

I walked in and she said,"I am not your typical HR rep. I don't like to ask about strengths and weaknesses or to tell me about your past. So, I would like you to ask me questions instead."

I did my best to conduct the interview for her, even though the position I was interviewing for was an entry level, low paying publishing job.

Pearson 2011 Summer Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a relatively smooth process. I received an e-mail scheduling me for a phone interview a month after submitting my application, and was invited to interview in person one week later. My interviewer was very respectful and open about the internship's responsibilities and the program's structure.

Interview Questions

• What are several goals you've set for yourself (and accomplished) thus far?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The Human Resources Coordinator emailed me the interview schedule. I spent the first half hour filling out an application in the conference. The Human Resources Coordinator talked to me about the benefits, took me on a tour of the building and interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me about my resume and he didn't say that much.