Pearson Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pearson Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pearson (Centennial, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I have applied online and Pearson contacted me in couple of days. A phone screen was scheduled for the next day. Once I cleared it, there was 1:1 interview, which lasted about 3 hours. I received an offer soon after.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expected, revolved around your programming abilities, your architectural grasp of your project(s).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO).

Interview

My interview spanned a couple of days so that I could meet engineers and managers. It took a while for them to get back to me. I interviewed with two or three engineers twice. They asked lots of .NET questions and some Design pattern questions, and some HTTP questions. The managers asked me how I responded to different challenges. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Pretty much everyone who interviewed me has left the company since then.

Interview Questions

• How would I create functionality that could easily be swapped in and out of a program.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pearson (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Got interviewed by phone and lastly I had to interview myself....yes interview myself. They use Montage interview system. With this system you login from your home and they show you the questions on screen. While the questions are on screen they record your answer with a webcam. It was a pretty horrible experience overall because you are talking to yourself with no feedback from the recruiting team from Pearson since it is a recorded video you are sending to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Recruiter pre-screened, then a phone screen with the development manager, followed by a 2-3 hour on-site with members of the team. Not too much focus on syntax, more on process and general domain knowledge. I enjoyed the give and take with some intelligent people. The facility is nice, but developers are in a bullpen environment (not my best working environment).

Interview Questions

• At this level in my career, the only hard questions are when they ask me to dredge up some memorized answer that I only needed for a test in college.   Answer Question