Pearson Interview Questions in Upper Saddle River, NJ | Glassdoor

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Excellent process, good questions, great insight to the team

Creative Design Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ).

Interview

I had to show a portfolio and meet with at least 10 people and interview over and over again, tha I had to wait weeks to find out if I got the position

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years I hate that stupid question   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotable

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ).

Interview

It was a long drawn-out process, mainly because the HR recruiter told me to apply for a position for which I was overqualified. Eventually everything worked out, but the process would have been a lot shorter had I been able to apply directly to the position myself (and there were several options within different lists). The HR recruiter was great at following up when initiating the interview process, but failed to follow up after the interview had taken place.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter. Heard back a week later requesting a day and time for a computerized video interview. During the interview, there wasn't anyone on the other side, which was a bit weird - it was just me watching myself answer the typewritten questions on the screen. Submitted the video and could rewatch. Received feedback on the video a few weeks later and an offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Very informal, and very casual. It was like talking to a long time friend. The recruiter did not intimidate me at all. I had a very relaxed interview process. I really couldnt say anything bad. I was comfortable and able to think my answers out and felt the interview went very well.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Depending on whether you are interviewing for inside or outside you will be expected to do a campus project or phone project. Create a business plan with various tracking information you are given, call upon accounts and do a write up of your experience, create a 30-60-90 business plan to show how you will be successful that year. You will interview with the hiring manager, regional manager, general manager and likely shadow a current rep.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was given an offer letter and if I didn't sign it as it I would not receive the job. I was a current Pearson employee at the time of my hiring and it was a company side salary move. They were not allowed to give me more apparently.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the manager. It was simple and typical questions were ask about my interest in the job, and what my current job role was. Next I had an in-person interview. It was typical questions about abailities to do the role. I also had to do a written project on writing a product copy, along with a brief explaining what the hardest part of the project was and what I would do differently if I were to get the job. The whole process took over 2 months before a decision to be made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

After getting the offer, I thought they already liked me (from resume) before calling for an on-site. After I submitted resume to HR, HR arranged an on-site pretty quickly and then a phone interview for the next week. After on-site talking with my direct supervisor, I talked to another member of the team the following week. All of the processes were very easy. They were very polite, professional, and nice.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of attorneys over two separate interview cycles. Everyone was friendly and accommodating, but I was asked some difficult questions. Fortunately, I had good answers and got the job! I was very impressed with the group's professionalism, work ethic, and camaraderie. I am very glad that I eventually accepted the job that was offered.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screening the week of. The phone screening lasted 20 minutes tops and was just a background check of my resume, some details about the position, and then answering questions I had. Within a few days, I was invited to a 1:1, in person interview at the nearest location. My interviewer took me around the Pearson office, informed me of some current projects, and generally just chatted with me about education and the industry. The last step was 2-days of in-person interviews with other interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• As a group, the other interviewees and I had to solve a logic problem with all the interviewers observing us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation.