Pediatric Specialists of Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia

Clinical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The interview process was simple. They ask a few questions and did not bother to ask about credentials. I did not put much effort into the interview . The questions ask were basic and the staff show me around the clinic

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume in mid-June via Indeed. I received a call from the HR Manager a week later to set up a phone call which we did have. That developed into a face to face meeting in late June. It was arranged that I would meet with the HR Manager and the Recruiter on a Friday afternoon. I did meet with the Manager and had a 50 minute conversation that involved presenting my background and experience with the "Tell me about yourself question." We then had a pleasant back and forth exchange of questions and answers. I was also supposed to meet with the Recruiter after the first meeting, however, the Recruiter was not available to talk with me that day due to an important issue that arose that was unavoidable. At that point the HR Manager told me that the Recruiter would get back to me the following week and arrange a time for a phone call.

Two weeks went by before I heard back from the Recruiter. I never did receive an email from the Recruiter to apologize for missing the face to face meeting in June and to set up a time to talk or meet. I was called and expected to speak with the Recruiter at that very moment. We did talk that afternoon for 30 minutes. I certainly didn't feel like I was very important as a candidate with this organization and I had dismissed this organization as a good place to work. How an organization handles their job candidates during the interview process is very telling on how employees are treated from day one going forward.

I understand that not everyone will go forward in the interview process but communication is key. Employee on boarding starts with that very first interaction. Not a good experience and it should have been done much better. I hope they don't treat the medical staff in this fashion.

Interview Questions

Interview

Straightforward panel interview met with three managers. They asked pretty generic interview questions. I had a brief screening with HR before over the phone. One thing that’s very important is to show up on time and give sufficient notice if you are going to reschedule. If you knock the interview out the park they will be more likely to give you a higher salary.

Interview Questions

• List an example of when you encountered a difficult customer   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Pretty easy, long (over 2 hours), not very structured, informal, met all the doctors and nurses and manager, good communication, took a while for them to get back to me, good salary negotiations

Interview Questions

• What pediatric experience do you have?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pediatric Specialists of Virginia.

Interview

Once you apply, your account lets you know that they are reviewing your application the recruiter calls and sets up an interview, then sends a confirmation which contains information on who you'll meet with what day/time and where.