Peel District School Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Peel District School Board

2.7

Sort:

Teacher Interview

Interview

Questions in general are pretty straightforward. There were no big surprises, but fit with other staff, principals, were definitely important, as expected. Nice place to work if you can get in!

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called directly by a school for an interview. I was asked a couple of technical questions but then they told me that I do not match their criteria. They admitted it was their mistake.

Interview Questions

• What issues have you met with in class and how do you deal with them?
      What pushed you to become a teacher?
      How do you integrate Technology in your classrooms?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Two parts: writing and oral. For the writing section, you're given 30 minutes to answer two questions. For the oral section, I was asked 6 questions that revolved around classroom management, technology, planning a unit, assessment/evaluation.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

3 administrators (VP) asking you questions. First question was given before the interview to write and think about the answer and five /six more questions were given on a paper that I had to answer orally

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Series of five questions related to my previous teaching experiences, my teaching philosophy, my best practises (Transformational Practises) , use of resources (Ministry and Peel Board resources, documents, tools) , awareness of ministry expectations (the Ontario curriculum) , planning skills (long-range, short term, smart goals, teaching learning critical pathway), teamwork/collaboration skills ...etc. Time for me to ask questions of the administration regarding his/her expectations and school routines, community demographics and needs, staff dynamics and school vision. It helps to bring in samples of work and evidence of productivity. There may not be time to share a professional portfolio but it is good to have one prepared anyways, just in case. More artifacts to share and "talk to".

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peel District School Board.

Interview

French assessment was done online, after selection, I was contacted by email to schedule for the face to face interview. Two questions were written and then 6 questions were asked in the interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe that you are ready for a permanent position   2 Answers

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Peel District School Board.

Interview

I don't remember the interview questions being too difficult. It was a panel interview conducted at the school board office consisting of 2 hr representatives. Upon arrival they offered me coffee or water. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I don't specifically remember the questions; however, they were related to how one would handle escalating behviour. They are very interested knowing how you deal with conflict among other co-workers. They also ask questions about what would happen if you disagreed with the teacher you were working for.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peel District School Board.

Interview

No phone screen
    Interview conducted by panel
    Approx one hour in length
    Review the Peel District School Board's missions and values
    Bring all relevant documents (i.e., degree/diploma, references) to the interview
    Ensure all references are field related

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

One person interviews you. Lots of questions about your experience with kids. References are really important if they can't get in contact with a reference it holds up your chance for being considered for a job position

Interview Questions

• They ask about your availability if your limited you won't get hired.   Answer Question

Ece Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

You are asked to answer 5-6 questions. Most of the questions are scenario based or, are strait foreword questions that if you have previous experience you should be able to answer. You may be asked job specific questions...such as; the curriculum expectations etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficult parents?   1 Answer